To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clinton, MO 64735
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dental Services Supervisor
Compass Health Network • Clinton, MO
Posted 2 months ago
The Dental Services Supervisor is part of the person centered integrated care team and responsible for scheduling dental appointments, checking in and checking out patients, including the processing of charges, in addition to management functions related to the dental clinic and its services. This position supervises Dental support staff, including Dental Assistants.
Job responsibilities include:
General Reception Duties: 75%
• Answer multi-line phone system in polite and courteous manner.
- Perform phone triage of all incoming calls.
- Direct phone calls and messages to appropriate office staff.
- Answer questions concerning office operations.
- Schedule all dental appointments
• Greet and check in patients and hand out patient evaluations.
• Confirm patient’s insurance coverage eligibility and all next day appointments
• Send correspondence to patients who missed their appointment and/or are due for a check-up appointment.
• Collect fees per patient’s insurance or sliding fee eligibility.
• Prepare daily fee sheets.
• Complete posting of payments and submit billing claims
• Record all checks & cash for daily deposit
• Reconcile daily receipts and petty cash
• Make daily bank deposits.
• Performs duties involving record filing and retrieval, chart closure, and retention within the guidelines of agency policy.
• Keep abreast of any updates/changes per insurance provider via internet list servers and mail, and information provided by Sr. Director of Dental Operations and communicate regarding any changes/updates
Administrative Duties: 20%
• Administration and management of all program operations and maintain coordination of services and communication among program components.
• Coordination and scheduling of services.
• Quality assurance of dental services to ensure that policies and procedures are responsive to client input.
• Recruitment, selection, and training of staff.
• Supervise and evaluate performance of staff
• Document and report to Sr. Director of Dental Operations any medication and/or direct patient care errors.
• Oversee the ordering and inventory of necessary dental supplies in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
• Fiscal management of program budget and petty cash accounts.
• Work with staff to maximize program performance and productivity.
• Will ensure staff seeks culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member.
• Function as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Participates in agency’s Quality Improvement program as assigned.
• Ensure all OSHA standards and regulations are being followed and assist in the development of any plans of correction.
• Maintain weekly biological spore testing reports.
• Ensure monthly monitoring of radiation badges and maintain monthly reports.
• Keep informed of, and communicate, any changes to Medicare, Medicaid, and any Private Insurance Carriers regarding covered services and pre-authorization processes as they relate to provision of services and quality patient care.
• Provide Sr. Director of Dental Operations with reports and training needs, as needed.
Other Responsibilities: 5%.
• Serve as a back-up Dental Assistant when needed.
• Attend all training as required by Crider Health Center, Accreditors and Funders.
• All other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director of Dental Operations.
• At least 3 years of work experience in a dental office with front office and back office experience preferred
• At least 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
• Knowledge of dental office terminology, procedures and equipment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
• Knowledge of medical records management
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
• Administrative and Financial Management experience preferred
• Commitment to Service Excellence
• Commitment to Personal Excellence
• Team Oriented and Values Diversity
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.