Leasing Consultants are community ambassadors between the public, the residents and the management team. They provide value and quality by assessing the needs of every client and providing solutions. Job Duties:
- Greet visitors (residents, future residents and internal team members)
- Answer inquiries by phone and email
- Schedule appointments
- Provide tours and promote attractive community features
- Collect application fees, deposits and rent
- Prepare and submit application materials for approval
- Prepare leasing documents
- Follow up with prospects after viewing homes or submitting applications
- Records visitor traffic, leasing status and community complaints
- Prepares service requests
- Prepares move-in / move-out notices, inspections or procedures
- Plans and coordinates events
- Prepares refreshments
- Prepares and distributes move-in packets and gifts for new residents
This is not a complete list of every responsibility for this role.
About The Candidate:
Ideal candidates must possess a dynamic personality and love interacting with different personalities. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach is critical to this role. Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in: real estate, banking, customer service, management, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
- High school education
- MUST: 2+ years' customer service and/or sales experience
- MUST: 1+ years' of fair housing and property management experience
- Reliable means of transportation
- Basic to intermediate math skills
- Office skills: computers, intermediate+ typing, clerical tasks, telephone etiquette
- PLUS: Bilingual language skills
- PLUS: Property management software (YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR) experience
- PLUS: HUD, Section 8, tax credit experience
- Personality & Characteristics: Able to multi-task and prioritize, tactful, diplomatic, professional appearance, able to solve problems with minimal supervision, learns from constructive feedback, excellent written and verbal communication skills, outgoing, self-motivated, reliable, punctual, able to read and interpret different types of information
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws. All candidates submit to comprehensive criminal background check.
Career Strategies offers temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placement for qualified candidates. Temporary roles are a great way to get your 'foot in the door', showcase your skill set and often result in full-time opportunities for strong performers. Looking for part time? We can help provide opportunities to earn extra money working a few shifts a week.
Property Management roles we staff include: Property and Leasing Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Consultants and Specialists, Administrative Assistants, Concierges, Front Desk Support, Bookkeepers, Maintenance Technicians, Turnover Technicians, HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Supervisors, Porters, Groundskeepers and Housekeepers. Bilingual language skills are a PLUS.
- Clerical Works
- Restaurant Operation
- Leasing (Contract Law)