The Director of Business Insights, Analytics and Consumer Loyalty will be responsible for unleashing the power of retail and consumer data to support effective decision-making and drive profitable revenue across the enterprise. In addition to supporting the analytics needs of various business units (Merchandising, Consumer Marketing, Retail Operations, and Retail Development), the objective of this role is to uncover opportunities to grow the business, and influence short-term and long-term retail strategy. Another key purpose of this role is defining and deploying the Consumer Relationship Management strategy for our Ace Rewards Member program. Leveraging data analytics to drive our engagement with the most loyal consumers is a key tenant for profitable growth.
What you’ll do
- Provide insights and actionable solutions to support all functions of the Consumer Marketing Plan.
- Oversee and drive the strategy, segmentation and targeting of the Ace Reward program to drive profitable revenue with Ace’s best customers.
- Create the strategic vision for our Ace Rewards members program which includes; budgeting, consumer journey mapping with info & offers and outlining potential partnerships to drive ancillary revenue programs.
- Provide insights and actionable solutions to support Merchandising & Retail Operations
- Leverage internal and external insights and data to identify solutions to improve the economics, operations and relevancy of the store model, as well as drive profitable revenue at wholesale.
- Integrate Customer and Shopper Insights into key company initiatives along with internal Ace data and external industry data.
- Own all corporate level reporting relative to the customer and the store model (same store sales, metrics reports, Ace Rewards tracking, Long Term Strategy Growth Plan Progress Reports, etc.)
What you need to succeed
- 10 plus years’ experience in retail analytics, marketing research, product assortment analytics, customer segmentation. 3-5 years’ experience in managing a Consumer Loyalty/Club program is a plus.
- BS/BA in quantitative business, math, statistics, marketing or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus.
- Proven ability to generate transformational change by leveraging direct and indirect leadership skills with and key analytics driven insights.
- Ability to utilize the data to “story-tell” in a compelling manner to drive a strategic shift in the business or support an existing strategic priority for growth.
- Fundamental understanding of key financial and retail performance metrics
- Extensive familiarity with analytic and modeling tools (transactional and SKU-level data, CRM technologies, and segmentation/targeting using card behavior, and demographic data preferred). Must be knowledgeable of different quantitative research techniques; familiarity with various data sources
- Ability to provide end-to-end analytic support including pulling data, preparing analysis, interpreting data, and presenting the data/findings/strategic recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and possess the ability to present information to external and internal groups
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and statistical packages; experience with data mining and query tools; experience with Alteryx, SAS, or similar analytic software;
- Self-starter, strong drive, highly motivated to make change and bring about fact driven decisions.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.