To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Crown Point, IN 46307
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Project Engineer Trainee
ClarkDietrich • Crown Point, IN
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you interested in working for a company that fosters growth opportunities, community involvement and a team oriented atmosphere? ClarkDietrich, a leading manufacturer of cold-formed steel framing and interior and exterior finishing products in North America, fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join a team that is STRONGER THAN STEEL℠. Apply to become a Project Engineer at ClarkDietrich Engineering Services offices, located in Crown Point, IN, McDonough, GA, or Carlsbad, CA.
The Project Engineer Trainee will participate in a 3-month intensive training program at the CDES McDonough, GA location. The trainee will be equipped with the required skills to be successful in providing technical support and accurate information to our external and internal customers in a professional and timely manner. Additionally, the program will adequately prepare the trainee on best practices and techniques to collaborate with the General Manager, Engineering Manager, Project Managers and Engineering Technicians throughout the design process. The training program offers effective teamwork skills, which will be essential to provide a professional, accurate and complete shop drawing and calculation package.
- Maintains relationship with ClarkDietrich's customers through courteous phone conversations with prompt customer service.
- Increases the specification of ClarkDietrich through shop drawings and by providing technical information to customers.
- Develops relationships with CDBS Account Representatives, Territory Managers and Regional Sales staff.
- Read and accurately interpret drawings.
- Notify Project Manager of any scheduling conflicts.
- Produce a CAD/BIM production detail drawing package of cold-formed steel structures including fully detailed curtain wall and load bearing plan views, section views 3D, isometric and other structural details.
- Produce the design of cold-formed steel structures including curtain and load bearing wall, lateral bracing and/or stability analysis and truss designs.
- Produce calculations in a logical, reviewable and presentable format for internal review/approval and submission to the client.
- Perform structural calculations using analysis programs or manual methods as necessary to complete the calculations.
- Collaborate with team members to accurately complete engineering tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensure project drawings and calculations are reviewed and approved by the Project Manager, Engineering Manager or General Manager.
- Increase the specification of ClarkDietrich through shop drawings and provide technical information to clients.
- Independently make decisions on type of methods to employ in structural design to effectively protect the safety, health and welfare of the public.
- Provide assistance to General Manager, Engineering Managers and Project Managers to resolve project challenges and deadlines to the satisfaction of the client.
- Manage daily office and engineering duties through tools utilized by management.
- Maintain a clean office environment.
- Cooperatively work with all team members.
- Participate and engage in office meetings and discussions.
- Support technical services by answering engineering design related questions, and completing drawings or calculations as needed.
- Build on demonstrated skillset to reach project completion and office goals through a positive team spirit, and willingness to perform all team tasks required to complete projects to the satisfaction of the client.
Ideal candidate for this position is one who excels in a team environment, can perform engineering tasks in a group or individual setting, exhibits excellent multi-tasking and time management skills, and communicates effectively in all mediums including verbal, written, and calculations. Candidate must be goal oriented, solution driven, and willing to perform team tasks within, and outside of traditional engineering roles in order to deliver the entire project on-time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of our client/customer.
ENGINEERING TECHNICAL SKILLS
- A thorough knowledge of structural engineering and a formal education in building design is preferred.
- Flexibility in design with ability to solve problems with various approaches.
- Ability to perform engineering duties using a computer and computer analysis.
- A working knowledge of structural building components, including CAD-related experience in structural building application is required.
- Formal education in framing standards, familiarity with, and understanding of framing installation methods, as well as the assembly of structural building components.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software to perform analysis required. Includes expertise in AUTOCAD and Revit. Experience in BIM a Plus.
- Effectively prepares written correspondence in a professional manner.
- Effectively presents verbal presentations.
- Cooperatively communicates with team members.
- Manage projects effectively through notifications to team members of conflicts and deadlines.
- Maintain exceptional rapport with internal and external clients through proper time management, project task management and task focus.
- Build on demonstrated skill set to reach project completion and office goals through a positive team spirit.
- Willingness to perform all team tasks required to complete projects to the satisfaction of the client.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Civil/Structural preferred, Construction Engineering, Architectural Engineering, and other disciplines that include statics course work will be considered).
- Must possess Professional Engineering certification or have the ability to take the exam to become an Engineer‐in-Training (E.I.T).
- The military equivalent will be recognized in lieu of education and/or experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written media.
- Advanced math skills including geometry, calculus, and finite element methods.
- Ability to analyze complex data.
- Position requires occasional travel to job site locations, client offices, & trade shows.
- Office, job sites and manufacturing facilities.
- Full benefits package (Medial, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
- Annual Incentive
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional Certification Reimbursement Program
- Community Service Day