EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Corporate Insurance/Risk Manager. Follow [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Corporate Insurance/Risk Manager on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a risk and insurance manager to be responsible for our corporate insurance program as described below. This position located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for EchoStar’s corporate insurance needs, including coordinating with operating subsidiaries located outside the U.S.
- Maintain and administer the company’s insurance coverages.
- Plan, manage and oversee the annual insurance renewal process for various coverages, including general liability, property, umbrella/excess, worker’s compensation, auto, foreign package, cyber, directors & officers, and errors & omissions.
- Review limits, deductibles, proposal quotes and renewal terms and make recommendations to senior management.
- Proactively identify risks and help evaluate insurance products to mitigate as appropriate.
- Review RFPs, leases, contracts and other legal documents to evaluate appropriateness of wording and ensure compliance with insurance policies, including certificates of insurance.
- Oversee and administer certificate of insurance process
- Manage property and casualty loss control issues.
- Manage insurance claims in conjunction with broker to reduce costs.
- Prepare and manage the annual insurance budget, review invoices and submit payment requests.
- Manage the Company’s relationship with its insurance brokers.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of relevant experience in corporate insurance, preferably at a global company or insurance broker.
- Broker relationship experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment as required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions, solve problems and drive for results.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
- Attention To Detail
- Claim Processing
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Insurance Management And Aftercare
- Leasing (Contract Law)