At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Employees, contingent workers and visitors are no longer required to show proof of vaccination to be on-site. Effective January 2023, Freddie Mac's hybrid work arrangement is 3 days in the office (specifically Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday).
The Investments & Capital Markets (I&CM) Division at Freddie Mac provides liquidity to the U.S. Mortgage Markets and makes funding more available by purchasing mortgage-related securities guaranteed by Freddie Mac and other financial institutions by issuing corporate debt. The I&CM Risk & Governance team supports the division on all matters related to operational risk management.
I&CM Risk & Governance is a first line of defense risk governance team. We act as trusted advisors for our business partners as we proactively support in, assessing and identifying potential risks that may impeded our division from meeting its business objectives.
As an Operational Risk & Governance Senior, you will proactively assist the team in managing operational risks. Your work will help us improve our risk management process and make our control environment even stronger. This role will give you opportunities to broaden your business and risk competence while being part of an inclusive team targeting to deliver the following:
* Identify and assess risks within a business process. Develop and detail adequate controls
* Prepare, conduct, and document quarterly Risk Control Self-Assessments for business processes
* Provide support to the business process during 2LOD oversight activities, Internal Audit exams and FHFA exams
* Support the business process in identifying an issue, assessing severity, developing, and tracking remediation action plans
* Conduct root cause and impact analysis of operational risk events. Identify remediation activities and produce concise write-ups for Senior Management.
* Update and validate accuracy of information detailed in the operational risk database
* Test controls for their design and operating efficiency. Document detailed test scripts and findings, as applicable
* Develop operational risk procedures and job aides for the division
* Produce monthly/quarterly reporting on key metrics and indicators
* Challenge status quo. Find opportunities to improve and streamline existing processes
* Undertake ad-hoc projects as needed
* 5-7+ years related experience in Capital Markets Operational Risk Management (1LOD), Capital Markets Operations and/or Audit
* Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent
* Strong at critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
* CPA, CIA, CFA or FRM certification preferred (or working towards a certification) preferred, but not required
* Gravitas to interact optimally with all levels, including Senior Management
* Interest and/or has basic knowledge on capital markets including regulations, macro, and business landscape
Keys to Success in this Role:
* Proactive problem solver and has the ability to think holistically and creatively
* Produce concise, detailed, and insightful documents/write-ups
* Believes in continuous learning, embraces change and innovation
* Phenomenal teammate with a positive attitude!
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Investments & Cap Mkts
Freddie Mac provides anticipated base salary ranges where required by law.
- Business Planning
- Business Processes
- Capital Markets
- Certified Financial Risk Management