To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Value Based Payment Director
Beacon Health Options • US-Nationwide
Posted 20 hours ago
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Value-Based Payment (VBP) Product Director. The Value-Based Payment (VBP) Product Director will be responsible to lead Beacon’s efforts to implement value-based payment contracts across providers. This is a remote position. As the leader of this initiative, the product director will serve as the liaison between Beacon’s local market and the corporate leadership teams across many disciplines including IT, contracting, finance, clinical, and account management, among others to ensure effective implementation and ongoing operation. The VBP Product Director must have demonstrated experience managing cross-functional teams with a track record of success.
This person may be located in Boston or remotely.
The VBP Product Director will have operational responsibility within specific Beacon markets for the day-to-day operations of cutting edge VBPs, including capitation agreements, case rates, episode bundles, and other complex provider payment models. VBP Product Director will also be responsible for planning for the onboarding of new VBP models as they are developed and implemented in a market. The VBP Product Director will likely be tethered to a Beacon service center (Woburn, MA; Latham, NY; Miami, FL; Cypress, CA) serving the VBP work or to a local market where VBP contracts are operational.
This is a high-profile role within Beacon, and the VBP Product Director will report to the Assistant Vice President of Value Based Payments. VBP Product Director can be expected to reside near or travel frequently to Beacon Service Centers and/or Engagement Centers where VBP work is underway or planned, as well as periodic travel to Boston HQ.
General Oversight and Guidance
- Assume accountability for the successful implementation and operation of VBPs in designated markets
- Assemble and utilize the appropriate team member or members to address problems as they arise
- Provide leadership and decisiveness to resolve cross-departmental issues
- Identify and escalate problems to leadership, as appropriate
- Create and manage a project plan for each market, engaging stakeholders as needed
- Manage communication between Beacon and provider leadership to ensure timely issue resolution
- Interface with technical teams including data services/configuration to ensure claims/encounters can be accurately processed and correct payment is remitted
- Coordinate efforts as issues arise, delegating responsibility to the appropriate people/functional groups involved with little disruption to overall process
- Organize and facilitate regular meetings with the Senior Leadership in the market to guide decision-making regarding operational and strategic VBP issues
- Oversee any contractual changes and resulting changes to services, payments, etc.
- Create process for regular check-ins, ensuring eligibility and payments are correct
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate degree (MBA, MSW) or advanced certificate (Project Management) preferred.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 4-7 years industry experience
- Previous or current Beacon experience highly desired and experience with operational planning, implementation, or day-to-day oversight over complex provider payment models strongly desired.
- Candidate must have financial experience in a managed care environment with a working knowledge of underwriting principles and general understanding of actuarial science.
- Self-motivated, able to effectively prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to track multiple projects/tasks and follow through as needed
- Can-do attitude and ability to work collaboratively with internal staff and external parties
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.