IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Senior Datastore Specialist
The person in this role should be a good communicator, yet highly technical and well versed in writing and editing SQL code. They should also have an eye for detail and enjoy working with big data, analyzing data, and visualizing data. Experience working with patient data, such as pharmacy Rx and/or medical claims is preferred.
- Work with internal project team members, participate in meetings, discuss client business needs, and define/document specifications for new projects
- Translate business conversations and methodology discussions into technical designs and solutions using SQL code, database processes, and/or other technologies
- Edit/develop SQL queries, scripts, and procedures using the IQVIA LAAD claims universe, implement new data analytics and customizations for use in client deliverables
- Utilize a variety of technologies to mine patient data, move and transform data, visually analyze data, perform data investigations, and produce reports and deliverables
- Communicate and interact with clients as necessary, typically within the context of LAAD patient data expertise and/or responding to data related inquires
- Continue to build upon our knowledgebase of best practices and advance our technical capabilities with respect to LAAD patient data, analytics, and visualizations
- Participates or leads teams in the design, development and delivery of consulting projects or components of larger, complex projects
- Performs qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client specific solutions
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 – 8 years of related experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry
- Technical proficiency in SQL, data analysis, data visualization, etc.
- Works willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals and is effective working in a matrix environment
- Experienced with developing consultative relationships with both internal stakeholders as well as clients in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects, juggle priorities and deliver on tight deadlines
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools, and techniques related to patient data
- Presentation, communication and client influencing skills
- Working knowledge of IQVIA data or similar patient/claims data
- Experience with analytics such as Source of Business, Length of Therapy, etc.
IMS Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for IMS, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at URL blocked - click to apply to arrange for such an accommodation.Job ID: