BGIS is currently seeking a Assistant Critical Facilities Manager to join the team as a member of our growing division.
This person will be responsible for:
- Assist in managerial functions including hiring, coaching and separations.
- Direct team to ensure successful achievement of business goals and process adhesion.
- Coach, mentor and develop members of the team, including conducting goal setting worksheets and performance reviews.
- Act as steward of BGIS culture; communicate and influence policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage training and staffing budget for development team.
- Support and assist Critical Environments Facility Manager.
- Achieve budgeted financial results.
- Manage the resolution of facility-related technical issues.
Coordinate Facility Operations
- Maintains positive customer relationships.
- Create employee work schedules.
- Oversees preventive maintenance tasks.
- Maintains logbooks and check-sheets for equipment settings, readings, operating parameters, and utility consumption.
- Oversee and report on day-to-day data center operations.
- Manage and maintain the site equipment list.
- Ensure availability and accessibility of all parts and supplies.
- Maintain site records.
Maintain Facility Standards
- Ensure vendor employees are familiar with building systems, are properly equipped, are familiar with required tools, and wear uniforms.
- Act as a technical resource.
- Stay current on all facility systems, procedures and processes.
- Act as the site Subject Matter Expert (SME) for (Electrical or Mechanical) systems.
- Ensure compliance with site specific facility operating procedures, processes, work rules and regulations.
- Comply with national, state and local safety and operating codes.
- Maintain training and instructional materials for vendor employees.
- Recommend changes in equipment settings, operating parameters, and utility consumption to assure normal operations.
- Implement utility conservation programs.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Facilities Management, and Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Four (4) years working knowledge of Critical Environment operations required.
- Five (5) years of HVAC or Electrical experience required.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing vendor and client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability in managing and leading teams.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- On call and responsive 24/7.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.