The Loss Mitigation Underwriter is responsible for determining borrower eligibility for loss mitigation options by performing a complete review of loss mitigation applications and financial documents received from the borrower to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements and investor/insurer guidelines. All functions must be completed within the production and quality standards. Role requires utilization and understanding of multiple servicing systems, applications and reporting. Role requires accuracy and attention to detail, strong organization skills, independent problem solving ability and excellent communication skills.
Process Loss Mitigation Applications through Underwriting Stage. Role requires the ability to perform multiple functions throughout the Loss Mitigation Underwriting process under general supervision, including:
- Identify potential risks and mitigating factors that could impact a borrowers ability to repay the loan.
- Review and analyze loss mitigation applications including income and asset statements, credit bureau reports, and other relevant documentation
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements, investor/insurer guidelines and other relevant timeframes required to determine borrower eligibility for a loss mitigation workout.
- Responsible for generating timely correspondence to the borrower of their loss mitigation review
- Monitors loans in process to determine any deviation from standard processing time and to take appropriate actions including notifying the manager for alternatives to ensure timely resolution
- Understand key performance and risk indicators in the Loss Mitigation Process, and how individual role contributes to meeting or exceeding these goals;
- Maintain and practice sound judgment in all aspects of role
- 5% Reinforces culture of shared ownership and accountability for results.
- 5% Collaborating with other default servicing teams, and other internal teams, to assist in the continued development of a best in class default servicing oversight operation.
- 5% Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
Internal Use Only: Job Band J Hourly