Sparton is a world leader in the design, development, testing and production of complex maritime electronic systems, including sonobuoys in support of Anti-Submarine Warfare, submarine deployed products supporting Undersea Warfare, and depth-rated encapsulated systems to support Subsea and Seabed Warfare.
Basic Purpose of Position: Perform routine and/or repetitive operations in a flexible manufacturing environment in accordance with standardized processes, procedures or methods. This position may require frequent movement throughout the manufacturing operation.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Mechanical and/or electrical operations or assemblies involving fixed indicating meters, in-circuit test/functional test, marking machines, jigs & fixtures, packaging equipment, wire cutting, stripping & twisting equipment, various types of fastening devices involving power operations, hand tools and gauges (fixed, micrometers, calipers, rules).
- May assemble and/or repair printed wiring assemblies (pwa), sub-assemblies, instruments, and final assemblies of various components utilizing a wide range of tools, work processes and skills to approved documented procedures/specifications.
- May be required to handle, mix and test hazardous chemicals.
- May perform inspection tasks.
- May kit and pack printed wiring board assemblies.
- Initiate and maintain accurate paperwork and records as required by job.
- Responsible for daily clean up of all assigned work areas.
- May interact with computer to enter/extract data.
- All other duties as assigned.
Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend written work instructions.
- Ability to add and subtract whole numbers, fractions and decimals using direct reading, gauges, rulers and scales.
- May be required to pass vision and dexterity screenings.
- Must be quality conscious and possess ability to meet production and quality standards.
- Must maintain ESD Precautions Standards certification in areas/facilities where required.
- May be required to have previous experience in manufacturing environment.
- May be required to lift up to 55 lbs as required by the job task.
Sparton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Flexible Manufacturing Systems
In Circuit Tests