To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodland, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Supervisor - $1000+ Employee Bonus Program ( Woodland, CA )
Transdev North America • Woodland, CA
Posted 2 days ago
Dispatchers needed in Woodland, CA.
Transdev is actively seekingtransportation dispatchers for their Fixed Route and Paratransit service serving the Woodland, CA location. We are looking for qualified dispatchers who can provide excellent customer service to both our passengers and our drivers.
Join Transdev atWoodland, CAand become a part of the largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America one that cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and vision) and group life insurance
- Medical Benefits available after 30 days!
- Career advancementopportunities owing to Transdevs presence in over 200+ communities across North America
- Discounts & Memberships
- $1,000+ Employee Bonus Program
- Ensure that “World Class Service” is provided to customers and provide “hands on” assistance and information to customers of Transdev that utilize company services.
- Dispatches replacement buses/operators for vehicles involved in accidents or incidents and buses and operators for special services.
- Supervise and instruct bus operators with regard to safety, service, and scheduling.
- Ensure schedule compliance.
- Assure that all routes are covered utilizing appropriate vehicles, personnel, equipment, and information.
- Make optimal use of company operating systems for the purpose of monitoring, dispatching, and improving on street service to the customers.
- Monitor and enforce system for compliance with State and Federal regulations, Company policy, contractual obligations of clients and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Directly responsible to supervise and assist in special promotions, projects, and events if service is impacted at all.
- Ensure a safe environment for the operation of service.
- Responsible that discipline is issued in a timely manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Partner with Human Resources, Training and Safety on employment and development decisions.
- Investigates accidents, unusual occurrences, and complaints for the purpose of filing appropriate reports as well as providing direction for the future.
- Responsible for security of collected, exposed revenue.
- Provides administration of third party testing.
- Generate accurate operational records for the purpose of reporting and analysis.
- Ensures employee’s fitness for duty.
- Provides conflict resolutionin a union environment.
- Responsible for filling open runs daily, notifying off duty operators, having supervisors drive, and projecting manpower needs.
- Responsible to for reducing the use of overtime.
- Coordinates and cooperates with maintenance personnel to ensure efficient bus allocation to meet revenue service requirements.
- Responsible for the coordination of operational supervisor staff that are assigned to the Control Center, Field Operations or both.
- Perform day-to-day dispatch services from the Control Center and various field locations.
- Interface with light rail for service interruptions/bus bridge operations.
- Directly supervises bus operators and ambassadors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities including planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Accountable for all “Essential duties and responsibilities” listed above.
- Assigns transportation services and maintains check out logs
- Assigns stand-by or extra-board operators in the event of operator absences, increased service volumes or in order to minimize service disruptions as a result of traffic, vehicle malfunctions, operator problems and/or emergency situations
- Maintains attendance log for operators and other appropriate staff
- Assigns vehicles giving consideration to preventive maintenance schedules and capacity needs
- Maintains two-way communication with operators, providing information on customers, cancellations, and directional assistance when necessary
- Monitors operators and trip status, making adjustments and reassignments as necessary to ensure on time performance
- Maintains scheduling and performance data in the event of real-time operations.
- Documents accurately and appropriately daily events related to service
- Communicates effectively with operations staff regarding scheduling or passenger issues
- Maintains professional demeanor and appearance
- Handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively in a fast paced environment
Other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient operation of the department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two years transit related experience and/or training. College coursework preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence as well as reports. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Bilingual communication skills are a plus.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, e-mail, and/or database software preferred. Basic computer skills are required.
- Must have Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger endorsement. Must hold air brake endorsement. Must be able to obtain and maintain DOT Physical examination.
- CA ONLY- VTT Certification
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be able to read a map and possess knowledge of the service area.
- Must be able to work flexible days and hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be hospitable, guest/customer service oriented, and be willing to serve the needs of passengers.
- Must complete and sign the Transdev employment application in its entirety.
- An unjustified refusal to supply requested information or a falsification of information will result in the elimination of the applicant for consideration for employment.
- Must provide a complete and verifiable employment history. Employment history must be verified with all employers listed on the application and must include the past 10 years of employment, when applicable.
- Must be able to operate the company vehicle without the use of DOT prohibited adaptations.
- You must sign a background release form. The results must meet Transdev minimum standards
- Must undergo a pre-employment drug test and physical by a company appointed physician/facility and receive clearance.
. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, night vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or (530) 662-2630.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-9656
Position Category Customer Service/Call Center/Dispatch/Reservationist/Scheduler
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 735
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services