About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply .
Information on our facilities is available at URL blocked - click to apply . For career opportunities, visit URL blocked - click to apply . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES BY PERCENT:
The Boiler Reliability Specialist position will assist the Regional Boiler Reliability Engineer in the following duties:
- Assist in the development and execution of the outage inspection plan. Ensure adequate and qualified inspection resources are available for all outages. Develop plant personnel and contractor support to perform thorough and complete inspections. (45%)
- Accurately complete Condition Assessment Reports after each major and minor outage. (10%)
- Accurately communicate inspection findings and recommendations during the outages to Facility Management and Maintenance Group. (10%)
- Assist in developing standards to track and maintain historical data on pressure part component life. Provide detailed life cycle analysis by pressure part component and other major boiler component by facility. (<5%)
- Maintain intimate knowledge of facilities availability and issues as it relates to boiler condition. (<5%)
- Communicate with the Boiler Reliability Engineer pressure part requirements. (<5%)
- Review of all major pressure part replacement scopes and pressure part design modifications with the Regional Boiler Reliability Engineer. (5%)
- Support Scrubber vessel inspection with the Regional Boiler Reliability Engineer as required by technical standards. Develop condition assessment reports based on NDE and visual inspections. Communicate repair scopes based on best practices. Develop historical mapping of the past and present repairs. (<5%)
- Coordinate flue gas duct work and Baghouse inspections with the Regional Boiler Reliability Engineer. Develop condition assessment reports based on NDE and visual inspections. Communicate repair scopes based on best practices. Develop historical mapping of the past and present repairs (<5%)
- Perform Pressure Part shop QA/QC inspections prior to delivery (5%)
- Provide technical review on boiler and scrubber related Technical Standards, and periodically review and assess compliance by all facilities. (<5%)
REQUIREMENTS (Education, Skills, Certificate, Licenses, Experience):
Safe working skills.
- Technical Report writing, presentation, organization and people skills.
- Motivated, self-starter with ability and tenacity to solve problems.
- Experience and proficiency reading and interpreting technical documents, manuals and mechanical drawings.
- Auto CAD a plus. Solid PC skills and experience with Excel and Word
- Customer focused
- Good communication skills
- Background or education in Steam Plant Operations, Engineering or Maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and easily with management/ employees at different levels of the organization in office or remotely.
- Operating facility environment with OSHA required PPE, safety training for areas including confined spaces
- Job requires physical demands consistent with work in industrial environment.
- 12-14 hour shifts, can be consecutive days up to 14 days on both day and night shift during outages
- Occasional lifting required but typically no more than 50 pounds
- Entering and exiting boilers throughout the shift through various size entry/exit points requiring agility and ability to bend and twist to make entry of or exiting boilers
- Wearing of full face respirator for extended period on a daily basis during outages
- Walking, bending, twisting and climbing of scaffolding and stairs throughout shift.
- Use of a hand held grinder is also required at times.
- Majority of work will be accomplished by traveling to facilities performing assigned tasks and supporting scheduled and unscheduled outages
This job requires frequent travel primarily in the NY/NJ region. Outage support will also extend outside of the assigned region as required. Occasional off shift work and weekends will be required.
Product Quality Assurance
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Personal Protective Equipment