For over a century, friends and family, celebrities and athletes, world travelers and locals alike, have flocked to Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of California's Monterey Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are proud to share. Pebble Beach Company, located in Pebble Beach, California, owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach. The company also operates five renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay, Del Monte Golf Course and The Hay.
Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events such as the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational, Pebble Beach Food & Wine and PURE Insurance Championship Impacting First Tee. Job Summary:
Under the supervision of the golf course Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent, must perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance; do semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work; operate small hand-powered equipment; and occasionally perform work involving large equipment. Each Greenkeeper may be assigned responsibility for the care and maintenance of several designated holes on the golf course and does related work as required. Because PBC is an industry that is stays open seven days a week, you may be scheduled to work holidays and weekends. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates mowers and string trimmers in mowing greens, aprons, tees, around trees, fence lines, banks and hillsides; edges cart paths; edges, rakes and maintains sand bunkers.
- Sets tee markers and cups on greens daily; maintains ball washers; replaces tee towels and flags when needed; removes debris; sands and seeds tee and drop area divots; and cleans flower beds, dune areas or forested sites.
- Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis; reports equipment problems or failure to the equipment mechanic immediately, and/or management.
- Returns all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility; and cleans the maintenance areas, wash pads or related cleaning areas.
- Helps in project work; assists in the construction of new greens, tees and fairways; grades and prepares soil base; lays sod; and seeds tees, greens and fairways.
- Excavates and backfills ditches and trenches with hand tools
- Walk Mows areas not accessible with riding mowers; rakes sand traps with power rakes
- Repairs greens with seed or plugs of new grass when needed.
- Grades and prepares soil base, lays sod and seeds greens, tees, rough and fairways.
- May be asked to operate mowers, dump trucks or other light equipment.
- Waters and fertilizes tees, greens and fairways.
- Under the direction of the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent, the Greenkeeper 2 marks the course for cart control weekly; moves cart control barriers and replaces worn or lost ropes and signs; and may mark hazard and drop areas.
- Aerifies greens; verti-cut tees and greens; spikes greens; operates sod cutter, spray rigs for greens and fertilizer spreaders; and mows rough with rotary and operates other equipment as directed.
- Performs basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by the golf course Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent or Equipment Manager; and returns equipment to designated location at the maintenance facility
- Utilizes loaders to remove dirt, debris and other materials
- Drives a dump truck to haul materials and refuse; operates portable pumps.
- Mow fairways and rough.
- Trim and prune hedges and shrubbery.
- Performs other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Operates utility vehicles on the course and on the roads.
- Expert level of Greenkeeper 1.
- A thorough knowledge of the different methods and materials used in golf course, grounds and landscape area or construction/maintenance work.
- A proficient working knowledge of and ability to use hand and power tools and equipment.
- Consistent ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment under the supervision of a supervisor.
- Physical strength, stamina, and agility.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions with a consistent track record of successful reviews.
- Ability to work in natural elements, outdoors at all times.
- Familiarity with golf terminology.
Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently from area to area. Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with hands and arms. Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive hand use and exposure to chemicals as well as hazardous materials required. Why work for Pebble Beach Company:
Competitive Pay: $19.00/hour.
Enjoy world-class health and wellness benefits. For Full Time employees, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance is available. In addition, our Health & Wellness Center provides employees with unlimited access to a physician and medical team to tend to you and your family's health needs free of cost.
Prepare for your future. You will be eligible to participate in our 401(K) retirement program. Pebble Beach Company will match $.75 for every $1 you contribute to your 401(k), up to 6% of eligible compensation. In addition, the company will contribute an amount to your 401K each quarter based on your hours worked, along with a discretionary contribution at the end of each fiscal year.
We encourage YOU to be our guest. You will receive discounts at all Pebble Beach restaurants, retail shops, and our Forbes Five Star Spa. In addition, Hotel discounts are also available during select seasons.
Play our world-famous golf courses! Enjoy our Employee Golf Privileges including Employee Tee Times, Tournaments, and Company Club.
Grow your career with Pebble Beach. We provide opportunities for ongoing learning and development, as well as promotions and transfers to advance your career.
Lunch is on us. Enjoy a complimentary meal during your shift in our Employee Dining Room.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Physical Strength
- Preventive Maintenance