Description Job Description:
The Government Health & Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Program Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will report to the FB&O Division Manager in support of the HHS division portfolios.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual who can work with program personnel/leadership, external customer stakeholders, and Leidos senior leadership. This position will be supporting a portfolio of programs performing financial reporting/analysis, AOP planning, pricing activities, business case scenarios, and program EAC reviews.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- With oversight by the Financial Business Operations Manager, the candidate will support the project team members in the planning, tracking, analysis, financial planning, and reporting of the program. Requires hands-on in the development, maintenance, and/or tracking of Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) and related dictionaries, work authorization process, funding management, subcontractor management, material control, cost collection, technical performance, integrated analysis /reporting, forecasting, pricing, business case scenarios, and quarterly Estimates at Completion (EACs) tracking/analysis.
This position involves significant interaction with the FB&O Manager and Program Managers, and will also involve interaction with Ops/Line Management, Finance personnel, Contracts personnel, Procurement, senior technical personnel, and various other functional or support organizations. This individual will work independently while contributing to the team through reporting, analyzing, estimating, and auditing. Responsibilities will also include preparation of written and verbal reports to program team and management regarding program performance.
- Requires a broad knowledge of this field and the ability to complete difficult assignments. Must have ability to analyze problems for root cause and identify corrective actions.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of cost and schedule development and controls.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to carry out and understand assignments, and/or convey or exchange routine information.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as key member of a team.
- Must possess a strong background working with multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Cost Plus (CPxF), and hybrid contracts.
- The position requires project management or project control experience working with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS), Control Accounts, Basis of Estimates (BOEs),cost accounting and financial management systems, work authorizations, process management systems, and/or reporting.
- Applying principles of finance and accounting to analyze financial statements for monthly/quarterly/annual financial Outlooks, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Estimates at Complete (EAC) and contractual deliverables;
- Internal financial activities such as invoicing support, accruals, and program financial revenue projections, pricing activities, variance analysis and business case scenarios;
- Ad-hoc cost and performance analysis;
- The candidate should be extremely comfortable with MS Excel or other similar desktop tools that provide capabilities to collect and analyze information.
- Strong organization, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Excel (Expert Level),
- Experience with Third-Party Tracking/Process/Tools
- Responsibilities include EAC management, budgeting, forecasting, managing subcontractor hours, costs, and funding needs, as well as analysis of all contract cost and financial data.
- Developing and driving financial forecasts and analyzing the program’s revenue and costs
- Provide proposal support, i.e., pricing activities and preparation of business case models
- Communicating key business insights and recommendations to achieve the program’s current and future goals and making specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction and profit/process improvements
- Supporting program invoicing and funding deliverables
- Creating business cases inclusive of financial modeling
- Performing program-level risk management assessments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline plus 4 years related experience.
- Comprehensive Program Finance experience; familiar with multiple contract types
- Detail oriented, independent worker, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel experience and government contracting experience
- Must be a US Citizen
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (list additional “pluses or nice to have” skills/experience)
External Referral Bonus:
- Specific experience with the Leidos tool suite to include CostPoint/Deltek, Fusion, SLICS is highly desirable and Contract Setup Processes
- Planning and Forecasting
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Yes, 75%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Program Financial Control
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Performance Analysis
- Analysis Of Variance