To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bryan, TX
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • Bryan, TX
Posted 2 months ago
KAGS, TEGNA's NBC affiliate in Bryan, Texas, is looking for a News Anchor/Multi-Skilled Journalist who knows the art of storytelling and will excel in this digital age of journalism. This position will primarily anchor KAGS News in the evenings; however, position may be required to anchor other newscasts as needed. In addition to anchoring, this position will also include daily reporting. We are looking for a someone that can create unique, shareable and compelling stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. Candidates should have a portfolio with examples of strong anchoring, breaking news reporting and creative storytelling.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and informative manner.
- Generate creative, content-driven live shots.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Community and/or talent appearances.
- Perform other tasks as required by News Director.
Here's what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field.
- 2 years of on-air reporting/anchoring experience preferred.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- MSJ portion will require the ability to shoot, write, edit, and produce
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.