The Clinical Application Analyst is the primary provider of support, information, customer service for application-related issues and opportunities. The role requires a blending of technical skills with a reasonable comprehension of the operational department and their information systems tools and requirements. In addition, this role provides analytical expertise to information systems end users with the overall objective of improving the use of application systems functionality (e.g., enhance workflow, optimize business processes and identify appropriate systems solutions).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts as the primary support contact for the application’s end-users.
- Identifies issues that arise in their application area as well as issues that impact other application teams, and working to resolve them
- Guides workflow design, builds and tests the system, and analyzes other technical issues associated with Epic software.
- Identifies and implements requested changes to the system.
- Serves as a liaison between end users' workflow needs and Epic implementation staff.
- Communicates all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary department teams.
- Maintaining regular communication with Epic representatives, including participating in weekly project team meetings.
- Works with Epic representatives, MFA’s business partners, and end users to ensure the system meets the organization's business needs especially with regards to the project deliverables and timeline.
- In conjunction with operational subject matter experts, builds application-specific workflows or processes for clinics, practices, and users that could include, for example, visit navigators, preference lists, orders and linked charges, results routing, documentation templates, application-specific rules, questionnaires, flowsheets, reports, SmartForms, visit types, user role templates, schedules, work queues, etc.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some positions may have an Addendum for specific analyst Qualifications and knowledge requirements.
College Degree Required:
• Bachelor’s degree (IT/Healthcare Focus Preferred) OR
• Associate’s degree with at least four (4) years’ experience
- Current Epic certification(s) for relevant applications. New hires and transfers have no more than 45 days from completion of MFA-sponsored Epic training to complete any required Epic certifications. Analysts must remain current on Epic Certifications, badges, trainings, and other credentials.
- 3 years minimum experience in healthcare specialty field and/or in a software vender environment preferred.
- Additional experience may be required based upon assignment.
- Business Processes
- Business Requirements
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service
- Information Systems