We are growing our legal team! To support this growth, we are hiring a Senior Staff Counsel for our Valhalla, NY location.
As a Senior Counsel you will work, independently and collaboratively, on legal issues affecting FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation (HLUS) and its Life Science, Pharma and Medical Device companies to minimize risks of legal liability and ensure maximum legal rights of the company. To be considered for this role candidate MUST have prior Life Science or Medical Device experience. The ideal candidate will have experience with promotional labeling for the FDA.
** This role can be remote or based in Valhalla, NY.
FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation is the holding company for North American based FUJIFILM companies operating in 27 states and engaged in the research, development, manufacture, sale and service of FUJIFILM products. The company serves a broad spectrum of industries in the U.S. including medical and life sciences, electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems, broadcast, and photography. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmusa.com
- Manage day-to-day legal affairs of certain Fujifilm Life Science/Pharma and Medical Device companies under general supervision of Chief Healthcare Counsel and in coordination with other Fujifilm legal departments located outside the U.S.
- Provide guidance on FDA promotional labeling requirements, including review of marketing and advertising materials, company presentations and press releases. When necessary, collaborate with regional/global stakeholders.
- Advise, counsel and report to management on general legal risks and regulatory risks, including with respect to FDA regulations and other regulations specific to Life Science/Pharma and Medical Device companies, such as Physician Payment Sunshine Act and Anti-Kickback.
- Directly draft, review and negotiate variety of commercial contracts, including customer, distributor and vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, development, manufacturing and service agreements, quality agreements and clinical trial and research agreements, among others. Also, work with outside counsel on a regular basis to review and handle large volume of contracts, to ensure agreements meet management/corporate objectives.
- Perform general corporate and pre-litigation/litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Prepare and maintain corporate records for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Participate in the development and structuring of new business ventures.
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes that may affect HLUS and its subsidiary companies.
- Provide training to HLUS and its subsidiary companies on substantive legal topics, including FDA marketing and advertising regulations and other regulations specific to Life Science/Pharma and Medical Device companies, such as Physician Payment Sunshine Act and Anti-Kickback.
- Planning and Prioritizing
- Communicating Effectively
- Focusing on Customers
- Adapting to Change
- Building Positive Working Relationships
- Initiating Improvements
- Taking Ownership
Job Specific Competencies:
- In depth knowledge of legal practices, including regulations affecting Life Science/Pharma and Medical Device companies and the healthcare industry generally
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Management skills
- Computer skills and appropriate applications
- Negotiation and Leadership Skills
- Ability to Multi-task
- Analytical Ability
- Budget Conscious
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in a corporate law firm and /or in-house legal department, preferably for Life Science/Pharma or Medical Device companies
- Solid commercial contract background with extensive drafting experience
- Experience managing outside counsel and/or legal staff
- In-depth knowledge of FDA regulations, including advertising and promotion requirements and other regulations specifically applicable to the Life Science/Pharma or Medical Device industry
- College degree and juris doctorate from accredited law school. Academic honors preferred.
- Admitted to NY Bar.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.