The Opportunity | Senior Administrative Assistant
Under minimal supervision and on own initiative, performs standard and advanced secretarial duties. May work for one or more individuals in support of a department, project, or contract. Assists directors with administrative responsibilities. Position requires superior administrative and organizational skills, a thorough knowledge of practices and procedures of the function, company policy and procedures. Supports a multiple departments or multiple directors.
- Answers large volume of incoming phone calls, often from senior individuals; screens as necessary.
- Coordinates calendar and schedules, sometimes for various individuals.
- Creates a wide variety of documents (often complex) such as reports, spreadsheets, presentations that require expert knowledge of several software programs; often composes first drafts of documents.
- Responds to requests, distributes correspondence, circulates information, etc., to other staff as needed, including senior staff.
- Makes travel arrangements. Processes travel expense report forms and check requests.
- Helps to organize conferences and meetings, sometimes involving large number of attendees or complex arrangements
- 3-5 years of experience in an administrative assistant support role.
- Must have advanced skills in utilizing Excel for data collecting and graphs.
- Must have advanced skills in PowerPoint for presentations and organizational charts.
- Must have advanced skills in Outlook for coordinating multiple calendars.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette and be customer service minded.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in event/group planning for activities, parties and lunches.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Concur and SharePoint skills are a strong asset.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Setting Up Files