MISSION / SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Infrastructure, Operations & Security, the Director for Global Infrastructure Operations & Service Management will be responsible for
- Oversight of production operations delivery across multi-supplier service lines, across Global IT
- Manage continuous improvement process of production operations service delivery
- Single point of accountability across Global IT for the governance of critical Incident & Problem resolution
- Provide the policies and processes across Global IT for production affecting Change Control and Configuration Management
- Management of the leveraged team that provides the 7x24 support for the Central Help Desk, as well as oversight of any other regional, local or language specific GPI's IT Help Desks.
- Structure the Help Desk to be an effective and efficient global mechanism by supporting transition to ITIL processes, reporting, metrics and communication while also providing help desk coverage.
- Execute the plan for evolving the current GPI IT Help Desks towards best in class from a First Contact Resolution and Customer Satisfaction perspective.
- Responsible for monitoring metrics and trending for actionable patterns including pushing knowledge base articles to the Global Help Desk to allow remote incident remediation where applicable
- Drive process improvement to continually improve service and reduce costs
Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
BACKGROUND / EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Monitoring, assessment and demand forecasting of all facets of IT services and end-user computing such as file, print, and application services including storage, and backup, network services including voice, video, data, and mobile computing.
- Collaborate with engineering management teams to ensure proper deployment and monitoring of new technologies and cloud enablement as GPI continues to evolve in that space
- Extend current operations management governance model to a global footprint in partnership with other IT leaders in the organization.
- Provide and review metrics to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the Change Control process on a global basis
- Ensure the most effective resources in Global IT are aligned in the restoration of Severity 1& 2 business services
- Drive corrective action process & reporting for continuous improvement
- Manage global outsourced providers and their performance supporting Infrastructure operations
- Central point of consolidation for global IT infrastructure for quarterly operations performance reporting and analysis
- Perform root cause analysis, future prevention / risk mitigation on critical incidents
- Responsible for the delivery execution and adherence to the process for Incident & Problem management Global Incident and Problem Management Processes
- Establish and maintain an effective, efficient and compliant global Change and Configuration Management policy and processes
- Establish and maintain an effective notification and escalation process
- Provide oversight of all the related policies, processes, procedures, and toolsets used to manage the overall Change and Configuration Management processes
- Determine and manage an effective hierarchy of local, and global change control operational governance model
- Ensure continuous process improvement provide training, awareness sessions, consultancy on process
- Engage third level support and vendor system engineers as necessary to participate in problem response and root cause determination
- Accurately assess business impact & create action plans for remediation of infrastructure related events
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and set direction for timely resolution - simplify infrastructure where ever possible
- Work with the compliance team and vendors to ensure SOX evidence
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- 20+ years of experience in working across and in an IT Services organization
- Strong knowledge of compliance and validation within an effective and secure desktop solution based on GPI's needs
- 5-7 years of experience in ITIL or like methodology of Change, Incident & Problem management
- 7-10 years of experience in managing a Global IT Service organization
- Strong communication skills with the next level of leadership
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment across global time zones
- Ability to pull and analyze data for helping drive continual operational improvement
- Experience in a manufacturing environment desired
Extensive knowledge of a heterogeneous IT environment including multi-vendors
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 6563-159
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
View the full profile
We’re a leader in the packaging industry, serving hundreds of the world’s most recognized brands. You’ve probably purchased food, beverages or other consumer products sold in our packaging.
Our focus on customer service has made us one of the world’s largest manufacturers of folding cartons, unbleached paperboard, coated recycled board, microwave packaging and machinery. We continue to set new standards for our industry, always looking ahead to help our customers meet changing consumer demands and their business goals.
We combine market-specific expertise and innovative thinking to create inspired packaging. Our mission of providing nature-based, renewable packaging improves the environment for us all. That’s why the world’s leading consumer and commercial brands are drawn to us.
We design smart and attractive packaging that stands out in the highly competitive retail marketplace. But that’s just the beginning. Our global capabilities, systems expertise and packaging solutions deliver value to our customers on many levels. Optimizing the supply chain. Securing product supply. Improving sustainability metrics. Stretching marketing dollars. Boosting sales. Building brand loyalty.
That’s what we expect our packaging solutions to deliver. And that’s why we continue to raise the bar.