- Conduct Process safety management audits to ensure compliance with OSHA standards
- Manage the Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) process at all locations. This includes training of facilitators, scheduling of PHA's, application of Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and Safety integrity level (SIL) techniques and tracking of results reports and corrective action items.
- Share PSM best practices among sites
- Define and provide input to plants concerning recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEP) such as NFPA, ASME, API, and NEC.
- Partner with Site Operations and Technical Mangers to provide process safety support and align site procedures/processes to corporate PSM programs.
- Define and implement standard work processes, including PSM training and operating procedures, inherent safety design procedures, HZOP, etc. at all facilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- BS in Safety, Engineering, Chemistry, or other technical degree with PSM experience.
- Additional professional certification and/or a graduate degree in Engineering or Process Safety type education.
- Certification in Incident Investigation, Process Hazard Analysis, Facility Siting, Dust Hazard Analysis, or other relevant process safety programs.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in PSM and RMP best practices for petrochemical and/or chemical plants.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, and executing a PSM program
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and mitigating process safety risks
- Exceptional leadership, ownership and communication skills
- Demonstrated audit experience in PSM management positions in the chemical or petrochemical industry
- Expertise in knowledge-base and application of RAGAGEP
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
P.E. registration, CHMM, CSP, CIH or equivalent is a plus
Demonstrate a knowledge of plant Engineering and process safety management
Demonstrate familiarity with OSHA PSM requirements
Demonstrate understanding of state and federal regulatory laws
Demonstrate adequate computer literacy to allow manipulation of Afton's routine EHS applications
Demonstrate oral and written communication skills which are clear, concise, and effective
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Computer Literacy