To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CPA - Tax Manager
Community Tax, LLC • Chicago, IL
Posted 19 days ago
Community Tax, LLC ("CTAX"), is one of the nation's largest, fastest growing and most successful professional tax companies.
Community Tax, LLC is committed to building the biggest and the best professional tax service in the marketplace. We offer a variety of services in the areas tax, bookkeeping and accounting. We are a nationally recognized leader in IRS defense services for those facing challenges and enforcement actions. We propose and defend emergency and long term petitions for relief, for individuals and small businesses that are experiencing enforced collection action by the IRS and State Taxing authorities.
We pride ourselves on creating life-changing outcomes for our clients every day. For more information on our company, check out our website at www.communitytax.com
Our Growth has created an opportunity for the career driven CPA to join Community Tax, LLC and assume a vital role. A versatile accounting professional is needed to provide and review work product across the areas of tax preparation, accounting, bookkeeping and Tax service offerings.You will play a key role assisting senior leadership in providing tax preparation and related services, providing departmental leadership, streamling workflows and more.
- Provides all tax services for business and individual clients as well as related tax planning
- Provides and/or reviews bookkeeping , accounting, and tax services ensuring timely, accurate delivery of services to clients.
- Reviews tax returns prepared by CTAX Accountants & Preparers; and review related monthly bookkeeping and accounting.
- Provides leadership in guidance, productivity, training and developing a team of tax preparers
- May provide appropriate consultative CPA/Accounting and Tax advisory services as defined by CTAX as included in the scope of services
Full time career professionals enjoy competitive compensation, opportunities for personal and career growth and a comprehensive benefit program including:
- Major Medical/Health Insurance
- COMPANY PAID Life Insurance
- COMPANY PAID Long Term & Short Term Disability
- 401k with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Commuter benefits
- 5+ years experience with Tax Services firm or public accounting firm with a strong background in Tax.
- Experience directing the workflow and reviewing the work products of a tax preparation team
- Minimum 3+ years preparing Corporate Tax returns (1120 and 1120s)
- Previous experience preparing and reviewing 1040,1065, 940 and 941 returns
- MUST have experience in a small business accounting from source documents thru financial statements and balance sheets
- Management experience with a public accounting firm is a plus
Education and Other Requirements
- 4 year College Degree Accounting or a financial related field w/a strong accounting influence
- CPA is required
- Detail Orientated/time management and business skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and QUICKBOOKS REQUIRED)
- Lacerte experience a plus
- Ability to work with other departments as a team
- Able to handle a fast paced/high demand environment
- Capability to work as a team leader
- Ability to seek detailed information recognizing inconsistencies and resolving issues
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.