To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hartford, CT 06102
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Administrative Services Assistant - Pre Transplant Clinic
Hartford Healthcare Corporation • Hartford, CT
Posted 2 months ago
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
Under the supervision of a registered nurse, provider and/or practice manager performs a variety of medical assisting and administrative support functions in a medical office setting. These activities contribute to meeting the health care, safety and comfort needs of patients; and contribute to the effective and efficient business and revenue cycle operations of the office & organization. All responsibilities are performed in accordance with established regulatory, state and company standards, and department policies and procedures.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Performs efficient, accurate and timely administrative support functions: greets & registers patients; verifies insurance, collects co-payments and office charges and explains payment billing policies to patient. Triage incoming phone calls. Schedule appointments and informs patients of preparation requirements prior to visit. Coordinates office appointment schedule with physician activities. Schedules follow-up appointments and associated testing or procedures. Obtains pre-certifications for tests, procedures, treatments, medications and hospitalizations as needed.
• Collects, compiles and maintains patient demographic, financial account and medical record information utilizing electronic health record (EHR) systems. Scans and uploads documents and test results into EHR. Assists in documenting and coding physician charges, medical procedures and diagnosis.
• Provides safe and appropriate basic patient care, delegated by a registered nurse and/or provider. Prepares patient exam rooms and rooms patients. Performs routine diagnostic tests (e.g. vital signs, EKG’s, blood glucose monitoring, etc.); provides instructions to patients on how to properly collect sterile specimens; and collects and prepares specimens and paperwork for outside reference lab. Verifies patient information (e.g. medications, changes in medical history, family information, etc.) and updates EHR and notifies nursing staff or providers with information that will be utilized in their patient assessment.
• May perform basic therapeutic measures under direction of nursing staff or provider; assist in reinforcing patient education; report lab results to patients and follow through with any physician instructions to patients for follow up or change in medication; or call prescriptions into appropriate pharmacy as ordered by providers.
• Maintain inventory of medical supplies and equipment, and/or clean and sterilize equipment in patient exam rooms.
• Contributes to improvement by participating in meetings, training, in-service education, and performance improvement activities as directed. Ensures cost-effective utilization of resources within own control.
• Duties listed above are representative of the scope and complexity typically included in a combined medical assisting and medical administrative support role in a medical office setting. Duties may vary from department to department. May be required to perform other comparable duties as requested by manager.
High School graduate or equivalent. Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program required or Medical Certification required.
1-2 years’ experience in medical office is required
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
• Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) granted by American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) –or- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) granted by American Registry of Medical Assistants
• CPR certified (or validation within 3 months of hire).
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required; ability to communicate in other languages is highly desirable
• Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance requirements.
• Knowledge of medical coding (ICD10 and CPT) is preferred
• Strong computer skills including solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Experience working with an electronic health record (EHR) is preferred.
• Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple competing tasks and demands
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
Strong organization skills and attention to detail
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.