To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bayview Asset Management • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Human Resources Generalist position leads best practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and employee satisfaction.
This position coordinates the implementation of services, policies, and benefits programs in partnership with internal and external resources; and assists and directly advises company employees and managers with regards to Human Resources issues, policies, and processes.
Essentials Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and other government regulations
- Communicate proactively and work with departmental managers to resolve employee concerns and issues
- Recruit, interview and hire new employees (as needed)
- Facilitates or provides training (including new-hire orientation) to the workforce
- Complete new-hire paperwork
- Manages employee related events and programs within your site’s budget
- Administers the corrective action process when necessary with proper documentation
- Manages the exit interview process
- Manages the introductory period probation process
- Assist with the delivery of the mid-year, and annual performance review processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and evaluate and recommend improvements to the HR processes and procedures continually to meet the needs of the HR department
- Participates in developing department goals and objectives.
- Facilitates as the lead role in department projects
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation: anticipating legislation enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities and providing solutions which add value to job accomplishments
- Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources management team
- A small amount of travel will be required
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment law
- High level of interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail in composing, proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Extensive knowledge with MS Word, Excel. Familiarity with HRIS
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years human resources experience required
- 1-2 years of recruiting experience highly preferred
- 3 years of experience handling employee relation issues highly preferred
Certifications, Licenses, & Registrations:
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.