It’s a good time to be with Miele!
As Director of Sales Operations, you will be responsible for managing and supporting sales back office operations in retailer facing activities (B2B). You will also be called on to oversee all tasks performed by Sales Operations agents, including SAP Super Users, and be the Key Miele Sales Lead for all Operational procedures and a single source for all sales associates.
We are looking for a highly experienced candidate that can cover the breadth of sales operations and strategy at a high-growth organization.
What a day is like
- Manage Sales Operations team and coach agents to efficiently handle processes in scope as defined by sales management team.
- Support agents in with dealer facing B2B (order, offer, schedule control, returns, credit notes, billing adjustments, complaints), as well as with management of special orders and backorders for dealers and key accounts (including VP assistance/shareholder business).
- Manage performance and KPIs to ensure team delivers an outstanding experience dealing with Miele.
- Leads the sales back-office team with the aim to foster a strong team
- Responsible to achieve team objectives in terms of dealer response and execution of sales back-office processes.
- Builds close and strong co-operation within all subsidiary departments, outmost Fields Sales, Marketing, Service and Finance Teams.
- Participates in international company projects
- Responsibilities will include updating Miele USA with new variations of SAP as needed and instructed from Germany
What success will look like:
- Directs and develops all communication and procedures for Sales Operations with Dealer Base, Internal Partners , Finance/logistics/service/Germany
- Spearhead the continuous improvement of core sales processes, operational policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and boost sales productivity, in collaboration with key stakeholders (including sales, marketing, customer and consumer services, finance, IT).
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in core sales processes and execute business process improvement initiatives to make the sales machine run faster and more smoothly.
- Establish strong relationships with the sales organization to understand their needs and perspective and serve as their trusted advisor and operations leader
What you bring to the role:
- Smooth execution of sales back-office process
- Higher standardization and automation of tasks
- Higher quality of service leading to a positive customer experience for each retailer and relevant touchpoints
- Efficiency in all sales related customer care issues, service calls, accounts receivable interaction, logistics and shipping data, solving current distribution needs and issues and improving our customer relations matters.
Why you might like working here:
- Bachelor (i.e. Business administration) or relevant fields of study
- Experience in SAP standards, usability and implantation
- EDI implementation specifically for National Accounts (i.e.: The Home Depot, Lowes, Bed Bath & Beyond)
- 10 years’ proven experience as a Director of Sales Operations and/or relevant work experience in a contact center
- Excellent understanding of processes in sales back office/operations and proven ability to constantly improve these processes
- High diligence in process documentation, set up and execution
- Proven ability to work in agile, fast-growing environment and in multi-national teams
- Good ability to build relationships with business partners
- Ability to identify and hire talent specifically for SAP super users, SAP team members and EDI operators.
- You love autonomy and the accountability for results
- You like working for a family run company, market leader in the premium domestic appliance.
- You like working for a company that believes in the aspiration to do it forever better and to be forever better
- A competitive compensation package
- 100% covered Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness discounts on medical premiums
- 401k with company match
- Generous Employee Purchase program
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Engaging Employee Activities
What does it take for a family run company to become world market leader in the premium domestic appliance and commercial machine segment? It takes more than offering average products, run-of-the-mill service or short-sighted actions. It also requires the aspiration to do it forever better and to be forever better. This stance accounts for a good working environment at Miele and the success of our products.
Our colleagues can rest assured that those who live up to our standards of quality and professionalism grow personally and professionally. No matter if they are at entry levels or managers.
Miele asks a lot of its employees. They are expected to develop and manufacture worldwide market premium products that are 'Immer Besser'. In return, they receive the most valuable thing Miele can give them: that they themselves become 'Immer Besser' - in all of their professional and personal abilities.
'Immer Besser' is therefore an entrepreneurial success principle from which customers and employees benefit in equal measure. We call this principle 'MAKE IT BETTER. BE BETTER'.
Miele is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports and enforces a drug-free workplace. EOE/AA:M/F/D/V