Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
In this role, you will be involved in leading RCA, review applications changes, and providing production support. Predominantly you will be designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver value to our organization.
The roles in this function will ensure we deliver high quality for our applications, products, and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
This role also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
If you are located in Phoenix, AZ, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review, Design, support and maintain highly scalable microservices within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) on Microsoft Azure platform
- Establish and mature operation process for availability and stability of Applications
- Identify potential optimization opportunities and automation of manual process within application
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications, public cloud infrastructure cost, best cloud practices, scalability, high availability
- Technical contribution, design, and code review, serve as a mentor to less experienced developers Analyzes and investigates
- Providing mentoring, explanations, and interpretations within area of expertise
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regard to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate or Post Graduate in Computer Science /Engineering/Science/Mathematics or related field with 5+ years of experience in executing the Java projects with 3+ years of experience in Core Java, Azure, Spring, Microservices, Angular and REST
- 5+ years of experience with full stack development in Java/J2EE, Spring Framework
- 2+ years of Azure Cloud DevOps experience
- 2+ years of experience utilizing Angular, using single/multi page Web Apps, and component integration with APIs
- 2+ years of experience integrating RESTful APIs or web services with user interfaces
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps, Application Maturity and Site Reliability in Unix, Linux, MYSQL, NO SQL and Oracle Platform
- 2+ years of experience in Synthetic, Real Time Monitoring and APM using tools like Elastic Uptime, Zabix, Dynatrace, Splunk
- 2+ years of experience in migrating legacy infrastructure to cloud or extensive experience supporting services that are hosted in external cloud infrastructure
- 1+ years of experience with Azure Services like Application Gateway, APIM, VNET, AKS and data base services. Hosting application on Kubernetes. Creating and managing Terraform configuration. Should also be aware of terraform deployment process
- 1+ years of experience on RPA (bot/robot) based predictive monitoring implementation
- 1+ years of experience in AI, ML and DL based monitoring implementation
- Experience with Azure monitor like accessing logs, alerts creation and monitoring
- Experience with Azure Data factory like Create pipelines for data migration, debugging
- Ability to design and develop the framework of the system and be able to explain choices made Also review design document explaining overall architecture, framework, and high-level design of the application
- Ability to define in-scope, out-of-scope and taken assumptions while creating effort estimates
- Ability to identify and integrate well over all integration points in context of a project as well as other applications in the environment
- Ability to deliver professional level technical work in support of the development of company products, tools, platforms, and services, typically for an external customer or end user
- Ability to operate within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines
- Knowledgeable with principles and techniques to solve technical problems
- Ability to work closely with other functions to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps
- Flexibility to support applications as needed 24/7 (365 days a year)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience in the Java /J2EE and Cloud technologies
- Experience with developing, implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting applications in the Azure Public Cloud
- Experience developing REST based web services and OAuth flows
- Experience with developing applications for Azure and Azure resources like Azure SQL, Cosmos DB Blob Storage
- Experience with NodeJS Angular UI Single Page Application (SPA) development
- Solid knowledge of JSON
- Ability to design and implement web services with security
- Excellent verbal, phone, and written communication skills
- Highly motivated team player and a self-starter
- Ability to envision the overall solution for defined functional and non-functional requirements; and be able to define technologies, patterns, and frameworks to materialize it
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work (sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.