To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Supervisor- Paint
Valmont Industries, Inc. • Elkhart, IN
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is accountable for the first line of supervision of the production line paint area in Elkhart, IN. This position is also responsible for ensuring productivity metrics are achieved and that the principles of Lean manufacturing are utilized consistently including standard work requirements, countermeasures and visual aids management. The incumbent is actively involved in performance management decisions.
- Review production schedules for the week.
- Determine material, manpower and equipment needs for each job. Prepare set-up for each job.
- Review work instructions and job travelers to verify processes and prepare set up for each job.
- Communicates daily with all levels of employees regarding daily safety, quality and production metrics to be achieved, and on-going training and development activities, achievements and improvements needed, so that these individuals understand what is expected of them.
- Provides positive and professional leadership guidance to all employees at all times.
- Ensures production is producing a profitable high quality product at all times.
- Select, train, develop and motivate the employees in your area.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety requirements as specified by corporate policy and government regulation.
- Ensure a safe and clean working environment, oversee line housekeeping tasks.
- Direct all work priority for manufacturing processes and coordinate shipping activities.
- Plan for the efficient production and shipment of finished product in the most efficient manner.
- Oversee and perform all duties and tasks of an industrial painter including, but not limited to fabrication, blasting product, basic maintenance, applying paint, packaging and shipping.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- 3-5 years supervision in industrial and/or manufacturing.
- Knowledge of all varieties of industrial paint, paint procedures and maintenance.
- Proven track record in lean manufacturing principles including standard work, continuous improvement, problem resolution and delivery of results positively affecting the bottom line of the organization.
- The ability to work in a cooperative manner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Overhead crane and/ forklift experience.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Lean methodology experience.
- NACE Certified is a plus.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives.
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
All of the working conditions for this position is in a manufacturing shop environment with exposure to dirt, grease, fumes, cold, heat, noise, dust. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic and safety safeguards such as hearing protection and respirator & paint equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large containers for paint and equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].