We are currently looking for strong leaders for Production Supervisor roles at our Portland Facility.
The successful Supervisor will effectively lead and motivate a team of production employees to achieve safety, quality and production goals. The Supervisor may oversee and coordinate Finishing, Forming and/or Double Jointer to ensure pipe meets American Petroleum Institute (API) standards and customer specification. The successful candidate will have solid understanding of flow, cycle times, bottlenecks and quick changeovers.
- Plan for daily forming, welding and finishing operations through proper scheduling of production
- Staff personnel
- Train, develop, motivate and instruct shift personnel in execution of their responsibilities in compliance with EVRAZ policies and core values
- Ensure maintenance work is supported and communicated to other departments
- Control performance by measuring operations against the job and department goals, standards and objectives; ensure compliance with ISO standards and implementing corrections when needed
- Lead meetings and communicate effectively with other departments
- Ensure the team puts safety first, creating a proactive culture with regards to eliminating potential hazards
- Knowledgeable of all directly related processes and understand how product performance affects overall plant performance
- High school diploma required. Undergraduate degree or higher in business administration, engineering preferred.
- Heavy industrial experience required
- Must have strong desire to lead and leadership skills with the ability to give clear instructions and expectations
- 3 years' minimum experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Experience in production or quality management, a plus
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing tools and concepts to continuously reduce waste
- Able to work safely and lead a crew in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office
- Must be able to problem solve and collaborate in a team environment
- Able to identify the root cause of problems and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to work safely and ensure the safety of coworkers by following established safety guidelines.
- Understand team dynamics and be passionate about helping the team to achieve its goals safely
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot equipment is desired.
- Familiar with ISO quality standards
- Ability to work in an environment subject to fluctuations in heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust, noise and rotating shifts
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 4783/2193
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Evraz North America is a leading steel manufacturer built on the pedigree of successful steel companies – formerly known as Oregon Steel, Rocky Mountain Steel, Claymont Steel and IPSCO. Evraz North America produces more than 5 million tons annually of flat, long, and tubular steel products for major markets including infrastructure, defense, energy and rail.
View the full profile
The company is headquartered in Chicago, Ill., and its manufacturing facilities are located in Portland, Ore.; Regina, Saskatchewan; Pueblo, Colo.; Claymont, Del.; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta; and Surrey, British Columbia. Evraz North America is the No. 1 producer of large diameter pipe, the second largest producer of steel plate and the largest producer of rail.
Evraz North America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Evraz Group S.A., one of the largest vertically integrated steel and mining businesses in the world.
Our diverse range of manufacturing capabilities allows us to produce a wide array of specialty steel products: plate, coiled plate, welded and seamless pipe for oil and gas applications, structural tubing, rail and wire rod / bar.
We take a dynamic approach to manufacturing, using the production flexibility of our facilities to respond quickly to changes in the market for maximum efficiency and cost savings.
The Research and Development complex enhances our ability to develop high strength steel and pipe products for the most demanding applications.
Evraz not only has the right facilities and equipment capabilities to meet our customers' needs, we also have outstanding people who are committed to continuously improving quality, customer service, efficiency, and safety on the job.