To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1220 North 6th Street
Monmouth, IL 61462
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Smithfield Foods • Monmouth, IL
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
Plans and establishes production schedules for all products processed at the plant. Develops raw material orders, monitors material inventories, tracks progress of production and reviews factors that affect schedules to make necessary modifications. Issues orders to the appropriate production departments when revisions are made to the schedule.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Develops daily production schedules from the weekly supply plan and distribute to production areas. Schedules are based on product requirements to manufacture and fill sales orders and the efficient use of labor.
- Work with other functional areas including but not limited to Accounting, Technical Services, Research and Development, and Business Management regarding new product development and implementation. Ensure raw materials are available for the initial production according to product specifications.
- Maintain product groups in SAP to aid in producing accurate production
- Manage rotation raw material inventory, stock transfers, work-in-process and finished products, inventories. Effectively communicates with team members in each area to ultimately ensure customer satisfaction.
- Utilize SAP scheduling execution and reporting transactions to ensure accurate schedules of production.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Agriculture, Business, Marketing or related field and 3+ years’ experience in fields such as Production, Plant Supervision; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience in the Meat or Food Industry, preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP and the modules Production Planning, Material Management and Sales Distribution.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and technical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, Internet and Order processing software.
- Ability to forecast, act quickly and accurately.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
Noise level in the work environment is usually loud when in the production area.
Must be able to work in cramped spaces and in poor lighting and ventilation.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.