To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Meade, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Systems Linux Administrator
CH2M & Jacobs • Fort Meade, MD
Posted 3 days ago
Jacobs is looking for a Senior Systems Linux Administrator with expertise in a variety of systems administration concepts, practices, and procedures. The successful candidate will lead and direct others, manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of the organizations IT systems and applications and may provide consultation on complex projects and be a top-level contributor/specialist in the department.
Must be an expert at problem solving, identifying risk, and communicating results and recommendations to department management. Assists in the installation, maintenance, and general support of IT systems. Identifies and resolves problems associated with operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and applications software. Detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems on both server, desktop, and mobile IT systems. Assists users with questions or issues related to accessing and using IT systems. Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backup and recovery procedures.
Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Performs system capacity analysis and planning, and optimizes system operation and resource utilization. Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that systems support the organization's business requirements and meet the needs of end users. Defines system requirements based on user/client needs, cost, scalability, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. We recognize systems administration support in areas where these capabilities may be gained through extensive on-the-job experience, specialized formal Government training, or institutional training and certification. On-the-job experience must be in specific IT fields.
Education and Experience:
- Masters degree and 8 years of experience or
- Bachelors degree with 10 years of experience.
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Masters degree.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties. Acceptable degree specialties include but are not limited to the following: Information Technology, Mathematics, Computer Networking, Cybersecurity, and various engineering and science disciplines
- Requires 1 certification in area of specialization. Additional certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA):
- Windows Server 2012
- Linux Professional Institute Certification
- Certification - CCNA, JNCIA.
- Experience with Unified Capabilities Testing.
- Experience configuring Session Border Controllers (SBC) Oracle and or Sonus products.
- Experience configuring and utilizing IXIA network test tool(s)/hardware platforms.
- System Administration experience to include, managing multiple domains, groups policies, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs), configuring and managing virtual machines/environments (VMware ESXi), configuration and application of HBSS/EPO, understanding of Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP).
- Ability to provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support and plans of action to the government and government customers (Commercial Vendors).
- Understanding or familiar with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Must have an active Secret security clearance at time of hire.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>