A non-profit organization is seeking a talented Bookkeeper to join their team. This role can be part time or full time and the ideal individual is great at multi-tasking, has excellent time management skills, and has a background in non-profit or is passionate about pursuing a career with one. This position is responsible for the accounting functions and recording transactions of the organization along with several entities within the organization. Because of these additional entities, it is imperative to have a solid understanding of accounting processes and systems, as well as an ability to take initiative, set priorities and communicate status of work and projects to your team and supervisor.
Responsibilities may include:
- Administer Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and payroll processes in QuickBooks and ADP
- Manage vendor records and files; process approved invoices and make payments
- Prepare monthly customer statements and invoices
- Support cash management needs and coordinating cash needs with the bank
- Prepare weekly bank deposits
- Support Human Resource administration including payroll, timekeeping records of staff, vacation and PTO requests, benefit administration, and personnel files for employees
- Prepare and submit monthly state sales tax returns
- Support weekly collection count, as required, including coordination of weekly collection count by volunteer team, bank deposits and entry of donations into database
- Confirm reconciliation of deposits with bank and donor records in database
- Handle routine correspondence and prepare thank you letters to Donors
- Other duties as requested by the Finance Director
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting.
- A minimum of five years of accounting experience in corporate or non-profit organizations
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Analytic skills required to review and check financial transactions and reports
- Possess computer skills - especially word processing, spreadsheets, database management, and QuickBooks
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate tasks and projects with others in a collaborative manner
- Demonstrate excellent inter-personal, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain discreet and to handle confidential information at all time
If you meet the criteria above and are seeking a rewarding career in non-profit, please reply with your most updated resume with applicable experience, and a short cover letter. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you! We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected classification under federal and state law.