To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stockton, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Closing Disclosures Specialist
Freedom Mortgage • Stockton, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Disclosures Specialist performs a variety of RESPA/HMDA related duties for the Traditional Retail (TR) Channel, including handling Adverse Actions, monitoring for and sending 10 Day Letters, resolving duplicate loans, preparing and sending Rate Lock and Change of Circumstance re-disclosures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares Rate Lock and Change of Circumstance re-disclosures within 3 days of after assuring accuracy of loan information and fees to mitigate TRID, RESPA and ECOA violations as well as company losses due to tolerance cures.
- Validates and sends 10 Day Letters (notice of incompleteness) within in company timing guidelines
- Validates edisclosed-but-not-acknowledged loans and sends hard copy disclosures in compliance with regulations.
- Validates appropriateness and proper processing of all adverse actions and subsequently sends accurate adverse action notice to borrowers per company and regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education/degree preferred; three years or greater relevant mortgage loan operations experience.
- Must have demonstrated working knowledge of mortgage loan program guidelines, underwriting and regulatory requirements and the mortgage loan manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of and experience with RESPA/TRID compliant disclosures and HMDA compliance adverse action requirements strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use independent judgment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Ellie Mae Encompass Software preferred and the ability to readily learn and operate effectively in other business technology applications required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information in writing and verbally and interact effectively with team members, managers and Traditional Retail leaders.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Customer Service Relationships:
Requires normal courteous interaction and basic interpersonal skills and tact to communicate with others. Forwards non-routine inquiries or requests to appropriate individual and/or department.
Tasks are multiple and focus more on single processes. Work is sometimes standardized and sometimes varied.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as a top 5 residential lender in the USA. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than 200 billion dollars in loans. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine’s, Inc. 5000 rankings for the fastest growing private firms in the nation for five consecutive years (2013-2017).
Freedom Mortgage has over 4000 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (multiple sites in Southern New Jersey and Fort Washington, PA) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Orlando, FL; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ.
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans