To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Staff Accountant
KAR Auction Services Inc • Houston, TX
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service:
A. Demonstrate friendliness and greet every customer contact.
B. Maintain a professional appearance and a neat work environment consistent with the Handbook.
2. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
3. Make sure employees are familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer service.
4. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise the Controller or designated Manager of all serious complaints or incidences.
5. Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins and schedules from the General Manager and Controller or other auction and corporate sources. Maintain a good flow of communication with other departments.
6. Assist in preparation of monthly controller’s report and other accounting reports. Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly to ensure transactions are accurately recorded.
7. Assist in reconciling accounts and evaluating the accuracy and effectiveness of the accounting system. Communicate any problems or discrepancies to the Controller or Assistant Controller for guidance toward resolution of the problem.
8. Assist in management of controllable expenses and cost items affecting profitability of the company. Coordinate ordering supplies and forms with the Office Manager.
9. Process and monitor all auction transactions including charges and various sales and auction fees, funds distribution and collection checks and wire transfers. Assists with sources of financing.
10. Manage the accounts payable process to include issuance of 1099s. Assist in vendor inquiries when necessary.
11. Attend monthly financial review with the General Manager, Assistant General Manager and Controller. Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of department accounting with weekly and monthly corporate reports. Initiate and follow-up on discrepancies.
12. Monitor accounts receivable and report variances to General Manager, Controller and Corporate.
13. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
14. Assure good operating condition of all computer equipment in the Accounting Department. Advise the Controller and Systems Coordinator of all computer system breakdowns maintenance immediately. Ensure good routine preventive maintenance.
15. Make sure all Department area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately.
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required. Two (2) years of accounting experience required.
The physical activity requirements of the position are from Sedentary Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
Constant – sitting, repetitive motion, watching, touching, fingering, listening,
Frequent – walking, talking, reaching, feeling, grasping
Occasional – stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting
Potential – running, jumping, yelling or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to inside environmental working conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with automobile operations and emissions.