Excellent opportunity in the Fremont, CA area for a Quality Inspector.
For immediate consideration, please email resumes to Email blocked - click to apply
Maintain quality standards by measuring and testing incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products and analyzing, and recording the inspection results
- Read blueprints and specifications
- Inspect parts on surface plates.
- Measure and test product using all the inspection equipment being employed at company.
- Perform Visual Inspection to company and customer specifications.
- Perform product identification and traceability activities.
- Accept or reject product, document information, reports, inspection data, and issue NCR’s into ERP databases.
- ASQ’s CQI Certified Quality Inspector is a plus.
- Complete knowledge of application and interpretation of ASM Y14.5M, GD&T.
- Complete knowledge and application of GD&T symbols.
- Ability to set-up, apply mathematical concepts, fundamentals of datum structure plane, geometry and trigonometry to achieve actual dimensions.
- Able to perform inspections using video CMM (Keyence).
- Ability to perform inspection using Optical Comparator using Quadra-Chek 200.
- Knowledgeable in performing mechanical inspection on manual Mitutoyo CMM, and in running Zeiss CMM programs.
- Ability to discuss inspection methods and inspection results with those responsible for products.
- Able to input and trend inspection data and Key Process Indicators.
- Ability to setup unproved CMM programs effectively.
- Ability to troubleshoot CMM programs.
- Ability to validate parts using multiple inspection methods.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent must have basic math, geometry, trigonometry, knowledge and application.
- Up to 2 years of on the job-experience in mechanical inspection in manufacturing environment.
- MS-Office suite experience, up to two years’ experience generating spreadsheets, data entry.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Coordinate Measuring Machine (Cmm)