You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Support Specialist Level I (Evenings)
BHSN, one of the fastest growing organizations providing whole person care in the region, is in search of passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team!
Your role at BHSN:
As a Support Specialist Level I, you will assist the participants of the OMH licensed community residence to develop, learn and apply the skills necessary to live more independently. All shifts are “stay awake” shifts.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous benefits, including personalized health coverage, paid time off, and holiday pay
- Working within our community, making a real impact, working alongside passionate colleagues
- Accessible leadership team, coaching for your growth, and ample training opportunities
- With BHSN University, we provide our team members with continuous learning, mentorship, and internal education opportunities to encourage our team to continue discovering and innovating
- As a rapidly growing organization, there are endless opportunities to grow within the organization
- Community discounts, loan forgiveness & more
- Assist/provide support to residents with various aspects of daily living skills
- Transport residents to appointments, or as needed to obtain services, funding, keep legal obligations, etc.
- Assist in grocery shopping for the community residence
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members to ensure resident needs are met including but not limited to coordination of mental health/substance use/primary care services, obtaining funding, transportation, linkage to other services, care coordination and discharge planning
- Assist in maintaining a safe and sanitary dwelling for residents
- Assist in developing, facilitating, participating in resident activities/outings
- Provide restorative services and accurate documentation of services in a timely manner in accordance with Federal/State regulations and BHSN policies/procedures
- Complete NYSCRI Adult Residential Assessment with participant and assist participant to develop an individualized service plan outlining participant’s goals/objectives and what restorative services will be provided to assist the participant
- Observe the resident self-administration of medication according to established protocols
- Maintain accurate medication records including but not limited to completion of appropriate logs and daily controlled substances counts
- Complies with all BHSN and regulatory policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned within scope of Job Description
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in human services related field strongly preferred
- Experience working with special needs populations, especially experience working with individuals recovering from severe mental illness and/or substance use disorders preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, time management and organizational skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to climb stairs; ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Participate in lifting and moving resident’s belongings
- Valid NYS driver’s license, acceptable to BHSN insurance carrier, for required local travel
- CPR certification required within 60 days of employment
- Ability to perform various tasks to ensure safe/sanitary dwelling such as cleaning, changing light bulbs, washing dishes, removing garbage, light shoveling, sanding/salting outdoor steps/walkways, etc.
- Includes work hours during non-traditional business hours
- Required to complete 3 hours annually in BHSNU Credits in addition to courses/cohorts as assigned
EEO Statement: BHSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in its hiring and employment practices, so that every team member can feel like they belong and be their authentic self to thrive in their personal and professional lives. In order to do that, all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Care Coordination
- Microsoft Office
- People Services
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g365ssm
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.