The Director of Hotel Operations leads all aspects of the 128 room/suite hotel and valet, and an on-site 30 space RV Park, and reports directly to the Property President & General Manager. Pre-opening planning experience is key. The Director of Hotel Operations is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel; day-to-day staff management and exceptional guest comfort. The Director provides leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of a culture of total service, maximized operations efficiency and guest and team member satisfaction. The Director is responsible for guiding the hotels management team and overall hotel quality targets to deliver an excellent guest experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- As a Property leader, display at all times a professional and upbeat and positive attitude.
- Actively participate in strategic planning and execution in all facets of the Property as a critical member of the senior leadership team.
- Ensure hotel premises are clean, tidy, safe, and ambient to receive and tend guests.
- Monitor the coordination between the different parts of a hotel to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Conduct assessments to review customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Oversee the hiring, on-boarding, orienting, and training of hotel staff to ensure maximum preparation and function success, and revenue for management.
- Establish communication channels to interact with customers in order to obtain their feedback and assist with the resolution of problems.
- Organize training programs to enhance the job skills and performance of hotel personnel.
- Monitor the accounts receivable, accounts payable, and purchase requisitions of each hotel department.
- Inspect hotel supports to check available stock and determine the need for stocking.
- Liaise with the marketing staff to develop and implement strategies for growing the business.
- Schedule work shifts and tasks to hotel staff according to their specialty.
- Collect payments and record all expenditure and generated revenue.
- Contact clients to schedule and plan the details of an event or conference.
- Set and adjust the rates for different services according to their quality level.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all hotel managers of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies.
- Maximize room yield and hotel /RV Park revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Assist in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Oversee and manage all hotel areas and working closely with hotel, VIP services and Historic Racing Machine (HRM) department heads on a daily basis.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of hotel department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Respond to internal and external audits to ensure continual improvement and safeguarding is achieved.
- Demonstrate and communicate key drivers of guest satisfaction for the target customer.
- Work with hotel management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the business strategy and leads its execution.
- Function as the strategic business leader of the property’s hotel operations including but not limited to: front office, housekeeping, and facilities maintenance.
- Conduct daily inspections to identify damaged or worn utilities and facilitate repair or replacement.
- Engage with team members to ensure a high level of team engagement and satisfaction.
- Plan and coordinate events or conferences to ensure they run smoothly.
- Actively participates as senior member of Property Leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift and carry 30 lbs. occasionally.
Oversees Front Desk Supervisors, Hotel Facilities Maintenance, Executive Housekeeper
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major preferred.
- 4-7 years management experience in hotel operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn a new computer application quickly and follow the standards associated with it.
- Integrity, honesty, accountability, a passion for hospitality and an incapability of making excuses for anything less than excellence.
- A natural surplus of hospitality extended to guests, employees and vendors no matter the circumstances.
- Ability to obtain a valid KHRC License.
- Pre-opening & opening experience a major plus.
Human Resource Management