Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting contract to direct opportunity with one of our leading clients!
Title: Production Control Manager
Location: Athens, AL
Duration: Contract to Direct Opportunity
Shift: Monday – Friday / 8:00am – 4:00pm
Production Control Manager
- Responsible for the production planning and the materials management function related to the planning, procurement, storage, controlling and distribution of quality materials and products.
- Oversee and inspire proper production control planning and scheduling programs to meet forecasts.
- Develop monthly production plans and capacity studies to aid manufacturing for planning purposes.
- Confirm that deviations to production schedule are investigated and properly handled.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements, while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
- Establish procedures and supervise the taking and valuing of inventories.
- Determine supplier component part packaging and track packaging inventory with supplier base.
- Manage the shipping and receiving functions of the plant, and the storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with other departments to ensure cohesiveness within the plant.
- Using key performance indicators, initiate corrective planning proactive to customer complaints for continuous improvement of PC department.
- Update employee training as needed. Cross-train employees to ensure department flexibility in a lean environment.
- Stress quality and safety procedures while leading by example.
- Ensure PC team members maintain clean and organized warehouse.
- Perform ongoing evaluation of PC department staffing to better serve customer requirements and needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant manufacturing experience required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of management experience required.
- Working knowledge and experience with TPS and Production Efficiency (PEFF) system preferred.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
- Ability maintain on-call flexibility and to work a fixed or rotating shift schedule, including weekends.
Technical Skills Qualifications
- Working knowledge of kanban system, truck/delivery schedules, hazardous waste disposal, and inventory level management.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification in forklift/material handling operation and hazardous waste handling.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, manufacturing processes including material controls, work flow, scheduling, and machine operation.
- Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.
- Previous experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications.
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
- ERP System experience (e.g., Oracle) preferred.
Travel / Work Environment
- Open Office Environment
- Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing or industrial areas.
- Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 25-50% of time.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Taryn Carbone ([ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply) for immediate consideration.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Personal Protective Equipment
Packaging And Labeling