To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lansing, MI 48901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accident Fund Holdings, Inc • Lansing, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Responsible for the preparation of monthly Statutory and GAAP financial statements, regulatory filings, tax returns, special reports and analysis for multiple entities in multiple states. Prepares and reviews complex journal entries. Reconciles complex general ledger accounts by comparing balances to supporting detail, analyzing differences and proposing correcting entries when necessary. Performs research regarding financial, tax or regulatory reporting requirements for multiple entities in multiple states. Routinely coordinates and communicates with Executives of the Company, staff at the Parent, state regulators, and third party business partners. This position also supports budget and forecast development, variance analysis, taxation issues, reinsurance calculations, banking and cash management , and monitors cash flow and liquidity.
- Prepares consolidated financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles (SAP).
- Responsible for the consolidation and elimination process for all entities within the Enterprise.
- Prepares quarterly and annual regulatory statements and filings in all states for all entities.
- Prepares tax and assessment work papers and returns while providing other taxation support for all entities at the federal level and in all 50 states.
- Prepares complex month end journal entries, analyze account activity, reconcile general ledger accounts, and propose correcting entries when necessary.
- Performs research on regulatory and tax changes in each of the 50 states, analyzes and communicates corporate impact and develops and coordinates implementation where appropriate.
- Prepares investment work papers and corresponding journal entries and regulatory support for all entities.
- Reviews complex, standard and routine daily and month end journal entries.
- Performs advanced financial analysis and prepares special reports upon request.
- Prepares reinsurance calculations and reports for inter company pooling agreements and reinsurer submission for all entities.
- Facilitates and supports both external and internal audits of financial, tax and regulatory financial reports and filings providing detail schedules and support as required.
- Routinely coordinate and communicate with Executives of the Company, accounting and other staff at the Parent, various state regulators, and third party business partners.
- Provides guidance, training and direction to coworkers.
- Supports system installations, conversions and upgrades, including report design, development and testing.
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed.
- Works with minimum supervision.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.