GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Packaging Technology and Integration Engineer - PhD New college Grad.
Summary of Role\:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab9 in Burlington/Vermont is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Packaging Technology and Integration engineer. The main responsibility of this position is to support all CPI (Chip-to-Package Interaction) activities for products that are manufactured in our facility in Burlington. In addition, other packaging projects within the company will be supported as needed.
Full ownership of CPI related topics for all Fab9 products, including\:
- CPI test and qualification vehicle specification and design overview.
- Definition of CPI test structures, both on Silicon and in the package.
- Support to BEOL Integration & Reliability Engineering teams to build full and partial flow wafers through fab and post-fab operations.
- Interfacing with internal and external (OSAT) engineering teams to enable overall development and qualification efforts (i.e. process window experiments utilizing DoEs, wafer probe/test, reliability testing).
- Definition and maintenance of CPI related design rules in all relevant Design Manuals.
- Review and approval of all fab & OSAT process changes relevant to CPI.
- Close collaboration and alignment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ extended CPI teams across all fabs.
- Support of the Customer Engineering and Field Engineering Teams with any CPI related activities.
- Effectively communicate project results and updates to key stakeholders, both internal and external to GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- MSc in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in packaging development including interconnects and CPI
- In depth knowledge of BEOL processes and integration, C4/wafer finish integration, wafer test/probe, OSAT collaboration, and package development & assembly.
- Strong problem solving and technical trouble shooting skills including expertise in design of experiments.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills.
- Experience with intellectual property development and patenting procedures.
- Travel Requirements\: 5% of Travel
- Language Fluency\: English (Written & Verbal)
- PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent discipline
- 7+ years of experience in packaging development including interconnects and CPI
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Packaging Technology and Integration Engineer - PhD New college Grad and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
- Assembly And Installation
- Design Of Experiments
- Electrical Engineering