$33.25 to $38.50 hourly
There's a career-building position for a Senior Accountant at Robert Half, specifically a long-term contract / temporary to hire opportunity. Working as a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for account analysis and reconciliations, financial statement preparation and consolidation, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This Senior Accountant opening is located in the Washington, District of Columbia area and will offer you great experience, strong compensation, and an attractive benefits package. We are looking for a Senior Accountant who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support the continued success of the firm. Apply today!
- Take part in various department-wide initiatives
- Operate with business partners to create compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests
- Continually improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Complete other projects as required
- Organize quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Arrange monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Formulate Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Create analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Administer monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are desired
- This position requires financial reporting systems proficiency
- Strong organization skills
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Proficient at analyzing financial data and promptly creating accurate reports
- Minimum 5-7 years of overall general accounting experience
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with functional department managers
- Familiarity with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- Aging Reports experience
- Experience with Fixed Asset Accounting
- Practical knowledge of auditing
- Quality experience with Annual Internal Audit
- Full Cycle Payroll experience
- General familiarity with budget management
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience desired
- Proven knowledge of Annual Budget
- Well-founded grasp of Budget monitoring
- Deep understanding of Aging Reports
- SEC reporting and SOX compliance is a plus
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go.
and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit
for more information.
© 2023 Robert Half. An Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veterans. By clicking “Apply Now,” you’re agreeing to
- Accounts Payable
- Business Intelligence
- Business Performance Management