To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
611 Commerce Parkway
Oxford, MS 38655
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
American Addiction Centers • Oxford, MS
Posted 2 months ago
The Counselor will provide quality, comprehensive, compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with alcohol and/or drug conditions and mental/behavioral health issues. Through research-based and empathetic care they work to instill hope that long-term recovery is possible. Our purpose and passion is to empower the individual, his/her family, and the community through the promotion of optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit. In general, aiding individuals in the program and support family members in dealing with substance and alcohol abuse and recovery.
- Counsel patients individually and/or in group sessions to assist in overcoming alcohol and drug dependency.
- Refer patients to other support services as needed, such as medical evaluations and treatment, social services, and employment services.
- Monitor condition of patients to evaluate success of therapy , and adapt treatment as needed.
- Prepare and maintain notes, reports, and case histories.
- Formulate and conduct programs to promote future prevention of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Bachelor degree in related behavioral health field or equivalent combination of education, certification and experience.
- Must obtain a DMH-approved credential within thirty-six (36) months of the date of employment.
- Valid driver license and insurable driving record if driving company vehicle or if driving personal vehicle for company business. Refer to Guidelines for Driving Company Vehicles.
- 2 years’ experience working in a substance abuse environment or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively with people and aid them in adjusting to their specific problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, family members, and other members of staff.
- Ability to maintain a profession demeanor while working with a diverse patient population
- Knowledge and experiences in facilitating groups, meetings and/or activities.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training within 60 days of hire
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support within 60 days of hire
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years sustained recovery