Eurofins NSC US, the national service center serving the US entities of Eurofins, is searching for a General Accountant in Lancaster, PA.
General Accountant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
• Prepare general ledger entries and associated documentation
• Reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare and analyze financial data. Update and maintain general ledger chart of accounts.
• Assist with the maintenance of fixed assets and depreciation schedules on accounting software.
• Coordinate mid-year review and year-end audit work paper requests from independent auditors during fieldwork.
• Support the accounting team through month-end reporting.
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
• Operate a personal computer in an efficient and accurate manner with the company provided software programs that include Great Plains Accounting, Infor/Lawson, Word, Excel, and others.
• Work with both inside and outside auditors in a professional manner.
• Recommend more accurate and efficient procedures for all accounting department functions.
• Ensure that confidentiality regarding employees, clients, or vendors is not disclosed to anyone except as authorized by corporate officials or as approved in writing by the Accounting Manager, or designate.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess :
• Strong computer and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
• General understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as applicable and ability to apply accounting principles, practices, and techniques.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills required.
• Microsoft Office skills required. Ability to maintain, create, and understand complex spreadsheets and database applications.
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 0-3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
The position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins NSC employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive cafeteria plan medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins NSC is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles