To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Banquet Manager - Hilton Cleveland Downtown
Hilton Hotels & Resorts • US-Nationwide
Posted 18 days ago
2019 Connie Award Winner Hilton Cleveland Downtown is currently looking to hire a Banquet Manager. Located in the heart of Cleveland's vibrant downtown area and connected to the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland, this property features 600 guest rooms, four F&B outlets (Bar 32, Eliot's Bar, Noshery and The Burnham Restaurant) and 50,000 square feet of meeting space.
A Banquet Manager at the Hilton Cleveland Downtown is responsible for managing all banquets and events in the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while optimising sales, evaluating performance, and ensuring staffing levels meet demand.
What will I be doing?
As a Banquet Manager, you are responsible for managing all banquets and events in the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Banquet Manager will also be required to optimise sales and ensure staffing levels meet demand. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all Banquets/Events
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Propose ideas to build the range and quality of Conference and Banqueting operations
- Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels meet business demands
- Ensure training is carried out on an ongoing basis
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Front Office team
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety
- Minimum of 1 (one) year of hotel food & beverage management experience
- Minimum of 1 (one) year of supervisory related job field experience
- Experience working in food and beverage management
- Ability to bend/stoop/push/pull a minimum of 25 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work a full shift (10 hours) walking/standing with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2 (two)+ years of hotel food and beverage banquet management experience
- Luxury hotel experience
- Experience managing a unionized workforce
- A proven track record of leading and developing an engaged team
A Banquet Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong knowledge of hotel/leisure/service sector
- Record of success in Conference and Banqueting operations, specifically the ability to deliver profit, control costs, and build customer loyalty
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills to create a winning team
- Conference and Banqueting Operations experience in a managerial position in hotel/Events Centre
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!