Element has an opportunity for an Inside Sales Manager. The primary function of the Inside Sales Manager is to expand business through the day-to-day management and coaching of a quotation management team and inside sellers; ensuring timely response to inbound leads and requests for quotes (RFQ’s) and proposals (RFP’S).
The Inside Sales Manager will manage (plan, oversee, drive, and facilitate) all aspects of scoping and quoting all work, including routine and non-routine/complex work. The Inside Sales Manager will work closely with external Business Development team based on defined Rules of Engagement and Senior Technical staff to confirm scope of work and technical feasibility, as well as other departments for support. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of quotations and proposals are compatible with current company cost guidelines and capabilities. The Inside Sales Manager and team will also be responsible to draft proposals and quotations in such a way that mitigates Element’s risk and serve as the initial POC (point of contact) for the client, with the exception of external BD-involved quotations/proposals. The Inside Sales Manager will be in a leadership role within the quotation management and inside sales team, and therefore will be responsible for coordinating all activities, dividing and managing responsibilities amongst the quotation management team and inside sellers, and managing all daily processes the quotation management team and inside sellers are accountable for.
Skills / Qualifications
- Oversee the Inside Sales and Quotation Management teams
- Ultimately responsible for directing and managing all aspects of the customer contact and quoting process, which may include involving external business development personnel based upon defined Rules of Engagement, as well as Senior Technical staff and other stakeholders as needed
- Drive and facilitate partnership with appropriate technical team members to cost, format, structure, review and approve non-routine, complex, and detailed quotations prior to providing quotation/proposal to customers, including, but not limited to, RFP and RFQ responses; includes project scope, cost, deliverable(s), and objectives
- Support customer relationships when any member of the outside sales or business development team is involved; drive and facilitate quotation scoping discussions and proposal review process with outside sales/business development teams, technical staff, inside sales and quotation management team members, and other relevant stakeholders
- Manage the triage process and partner with the Element Central Lead Management Team, Business Development Team, and Senior Technical staff to ensure professional and timely handling, contact, and follow-up of incoming requests for quotations from the customer, the sales team, and other key staff, establishing a clear point of contact for customers and internal stakeholders; ensure all leads/open opportunities are followed up with daily
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring consistent and regular follow-up of IS-owned opportunities Not OS-owned) through Awarded status, at which point the project will be handed off to the Project Management team; assist the Business Development and Outside Sales teams with opportunity follow-up as requested
- Facilitate activities and discussions with the Outside Sales, Business Development, and Technical team to identify obstacles as well as legal, financial, and project risks during quoting process; escalate as needed and facilitate discussions with key stakeholders
- Perform risk assessments to identify and minimize project, legal, and financial risks during scoping phase; draft appropriate language and scope to mitigate risk
- Develop and include payment schedules and structures in all quotations and proposals, working with the Finance Team to ensure non-standard payment schedules and structures are agreeable
- Own, build, expands upon, and maintain templates and libraries pertaining to services, proposals, quotations, and additional support documents to enable the quotation management and inside sales team
- Minimum 5 Years of Sales Management Experience
- Manage staff, conducts or arranges training, set priorities, assign projects, and ensure productivity
- Assess staffing needs and participate in staff recruitment efforts by conducting interviews or attending job fairs
- Make daily schedules for proper team utilization
- Plan and organize workload and staff assignments
- Issue written and verbal instructions; assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Ability to interface with clients, win new work and determine their requirements; helps develops proposals including cost estimates, work plan and terms and conditions
- Experience working with Quality Management Systems (i.e. ISO 17025 and ITAR Regulations) and Trade Compliance Regulations (i.e. ITAR or EAR)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time; some overnight travel may be required #LI-AL1
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Request For Proposal