UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
Customer Service Consultants satisfactorily handle a variety of incoming customer phone calls, keeping in mind company policies and procedures while adhering to Pennsylvania Utility Commission (PUC) rules and regulations. Customer Service Consultants handle complex inquiries independently or with very little assistance. This role is the first point of contact for UGI customers and is best suited for those who are proactive and solution oriented. The successful candidate for this position works well independently and has the ability to adhere to a strict schedule. Customer Service Consultants will be trained to handle a variety of calls including gas emergencies and electric outages, new service applications, billing requests, and credit and collections inquiries. Candidates should feel comfortable working efficiently in a fast-paced environment. During the training period (4-6 weeks), the hours for this position will be 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. After the initial training period has been completed, candidates must have flexibility to work various shifts (determined by the department’s shift selection policy) as well as overtime on an as-needed basis. UGI provides Customer Care Representatives opportunities for career progression. Come grow with us!
- Customer Care Representative I – Start rate of $17.00 an hour.
- Customer Care Representative II – Eligible for promotion to this level after 1 year of service and demonstrated successful performance.
- Customer Care Representative III – Eligible for promotion after 2 years of service and demonstrated successful performance.
*Training will occur on-site in Denver, PA with the option to be hybrid upon successful training completion*.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle customer calls in a timely and professional manner, following company provided procedures. Ensure accurate information is being provided to the customer.
- Demonstrate an understanding of policies and procedures to respond to customer calls, while striving for reduction in the need for supervisor callbacks.
- Participate in voluntary and mandatory training opportunities.
- Assist with floor training and/or shadowing opportunities when needed.
- Complete special assignments as needed in a timely manner.
- Responsible time and attendance.
- Participate in mandatory and voluntary overtime as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- High level capacity for multitasking independently and on a computer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills using appropriate grammar, tone, and pronunciation.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience with SAP CRM and ECC systems a plus.
- Past experience working for a utility company a plus.
- Thorough understanding and adherence to PUC rules/regulations including Chapter 56 and Chapter 14, along with UGI policies/procedures a plus.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer service environment preferred.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office