We are seeking a Technician for a 6 month contract position in the field and office with a leading client in Haywood, Oklahoma. In this role, the Technician will inspect and assess circuits for pole replacements and upgrades. Travel could be to the Idabel, Hugo, Wilburton, Atoka, Okmulgee, and Henryetta areas.
1. Technical Proficiency: Gains knowledge of standards, codes, and regulations relevant to area of assignment. Gains knowledge with pertinent equipment, material, systems, and business processes. Assists employees in handling defined portions of routine problems when beneficial to the company.
- Leadership & Guidance: Performs work activities as assigned and coached by higher level employees. Demonstrates ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary.
- Planning & Organization Ability: Plans work in accordance with company standard planning practices. Prioritizes routine work to meet the demands of the company. Maintains accurate records.
- Problem Solving & Initiative: Applies technical knowledge and experience in resolving problems encountered in assigned work. Uses initiative in looking for opportunities to improve the process and increase job knowledge/technical skills. Seeks out, compiles, analyzes, and interprets information necessary to perform work activities and solve problems.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external customers. Assists in the preparation of technical reports and papers. Demonstrates the ability to be a team player. Relates to people in an open, friendly, and sincere manner.
- Decision Making & Business Awareness: Develops decision-making skills based on sound judgment and job knowledge. Develops an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the local organizational unit.
-High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of related utility industry work experience OR an Associate's Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Civil/ Mechanical Engineering Technology or related fields.
-Knowledge of DDS (Distribution Design Studio) software.
- Possesses basic computer literacy, knowledge, and skills.
-Strong customer service skills
-Strong communication skills.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)
Complex Problem Solving