The Technical Support Engineer will support the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab’s (SRAlab) end user computing infrastructure through the management of desktops, laptops, tablets, connected medical equipment, IP phones, smartphones, and all associated peripherals. Provides “Tier 2” hardware and software support for users of computing and clinical device platforms and provides tier-2 phone support for callers to the Help Desk. Provides primary support of the IT configuration of connected medical equipment, including PACS workstations, nurse call components, health monitors, medication cabinet computers, label printers, medication administration PDAs, smartphone apps, etc.
The Technical Support Engineer will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Technical Support Engineer will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Provides in-person support to end users and individual departments/clinics.
- Manages and maintains end user devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, connected medical equipment, IP phones, smartphones, and all associated peripherals
- Provides second tier end-user support via telephone in ACD Help Desk Environment.
- Provides primary desktop and IT support to executive team.
- Provides primary support for the IT configuration of connected medical equipment.
- Assists systems and network engineers on infrastructure projects as needed.
- Participates in network maintenance and support activities such as hardware installations, software installations, system monitoring and back-ups, establishment of user accounts, background job runs and troubleshoots basic hardware and software problems.
- Documents all user interactions per established procedures in ITIL compatible Service Desk management system.
- Manages and documents resolutions in assigned Service Desk system work queue to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner and appropriate trouble ticket documentation is captured.
- Recommends system and process modifications to reduce user problems and improve customer service.
- Documents systems changes using ITIL best practices.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the End User Computing Manager
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
- 24x7 Support Operation.
- Shifts aligned to clinical workloads and schedules
- Travel to remote sites required in Shirley Ryan AbilityLab or personal vehicle.
- May be exposed to other settings within the healthcare environment for short periods while meeting with others and/or observing work flow.
To apply for this position, please click "APPLY NOW"
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
- User Accounts
- Help Desk
- Phone Support