Transdev, formerlyVeolia Transportation,is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming. Develops and conducts training of employees and documents training.
Performs classroom and behind the wheel training, to include but not limited to Operator Development Program, remedial training, new equipment familiarization training, and safety meetings. Works with the Director of Safety and Training to ensure compliance of training materials and the efficient delivery of the safety programs.
- Ensures new student operators are thoroughly trained in the safe and efficient handling of vehicles and equipment to exceed customer standards.
- Ensures that all trainees are trained on all routes.
- Monitors the progress of trainees to ensure proper training. Ensures all employee training records are in compliance with training policies.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of students.
- Ensures Operator Development Program (ODP) is followed and properly delivered to include updates when necessary.
- Performs new equipment familiarization, refresher, and remediation training.
- May assist with reviews of SmartDrive events, to include counseling of operators.
- Acts as a resource to provide employees with expert information on operation of equipment.
- Assists with ride checks operators, as needed.
- Recommends safer methods, procedures, and preventative measures.
- May be cross-trained to investigate accidents and incidents involving company property, equipment, and personnel.
- May be required to drive a school bus on an as needed emergency basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required :
- High school diploma or equivalent, (G.E.D.).
- Must have a valid Class B CDL with Passenger (P) and (S) School bus endorsement.
- Must have a valid Department of Public Utilities (DPU) certification.
- Must have a valid Massachusetts School Bus Trainer Certificate.
- An excellent motor vehicle record must be maintained.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred :
- College or university degree preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of transit related experience and/or training.
- Training experience preferred.
- Adult instruction experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to compose simple correspondence as well as reports.
- Ability to use basic Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint program functions.
- Ability to understand and follow safety rules and regulations; ability to update employee safety and training records.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers on all levels and be able to work well with diverse groups.
- Thorough knowledge of the basic laws, ordinances, resolutions, and regulations governing transit operations.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and safety/training procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background check including fingerprinting.
- $29.00 per hour plus benefits
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.Must be able to work 50% indoors and 50% out of doors.Must be able to work around vehicle noise and fumes.
For more information please visit our website at [ Link removed ]
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: [ Link removed ]
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Job Locations US-MA-Dorchester
Posted Date 1 month ago (11/4/2019 9:25 PM)
Requisition ID 2019-11604
Position Category Safety & Training
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 607
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services
Occupational Safety And Health
Training And Development