This position is responsible for providing data integration production/operations support and project work for business units. This position is responsible for working closely with the application developers, infrastructure department, team leads, and customers to ensure all data integration work assignments are completed with the highest level of quality and on time. The scope of work includes: design, development, delivery, implementation, and support of data integration technology; supporting/monitoring 7 X 24 real-time systems and processes; staying current of emerging computer technologies, specifically those in the data services and business intelligence fields. This position is responsible for developing expertise in the business area; knowledge of applications, systems, and data management techniques. This position is responsible for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, FERC 888 and other regulatory requirements.
The incumbent needs to be able to function in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, changing environment. This position must manage stress and rapid change effectively, be responsive, dependable, and discerning when supporting customers and coworkers. The position must build and manage relationships with internal and external customers, display an understanding of the impact of activities on client’s business and develops plans to minimize these, logically troubleshoot system and/or process problems, and must be able to make judgment calls on how and what to do with data because of its impact to internal/external stakeholders, communicators and regulators. Additionally, this position must multi-task efficiently, manage large complex projects that span across organizations; work independently with little supervision, and keep assignments well-organized and under control by independently planning their own work to ensure that time is allocated to meet upcoming deadlines and commitments.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Strong experience in SQL Server or Oracle database management systems.
- Strong experience in SQL programming.
- Strong experience in Data Integration with tools such as Informatica
- Good experience with REST-based service development using JSON
- Experience in defining and delivering Enterprise Integration Architectures including APIs, SOA, Event-Driven Architecture, Data Virtualization is a plus
- Experience in the Microsoft .NET Framework - Microsoft .NET Core 2.0 and .NET Framework 4.7.1 and above; Microsoft Visual C#, WPF, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, Entity Framework is a plus
- Experience with Big Data & Analytics solutions such as Hadoop, AWS, Azure and/or other technologies is a plus
- Understanding of rules and regulations that govern the use of technology, such as NERC CIP, Sarbanes-Oxley and FCC licensing is a plus
- Understanding of the utility industry is a plus
- Result Oriented, can act with speed and decisiveness; take initiative and does what it takes to meet commitments.
- Continuous learner with a high level of interest in learning and applying new technologies and concepts
- Strong focus on quality, reliability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness of solutions
- Effective in organizing tasks, managing multiple priorities, meeting schedules, and delivering on commitments
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) as well as technical writing
- Strong teamwork
- Follows technical standards and process methodologies
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Asp.Net Mvc Framework
Windows Presentation Foundation