To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elizabethtown, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Altec Industries , Inc. • Elizabethtown, KY
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Altec Industries is seeking .NET developer for our Focus Factory located in Elizabethtown, KY.
Developer is responsible for the full life cycle development, including designing, developing, testing, publishing, and maintenance of custom software that supports Altec production systems. This is an opportunity to join an Agile development team that uses principles of XP programming and Atlassian tools to facilitate team collaboration, peer accountability, and ensure software quality. The development tech stack includes Technologies include C#, WPF, REST API, NUnit, SSDT, and SQL Server.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related technical discipline AND two years of related full-time experience.
- Six years of full-time equivalent work experience required.
- Ability to interpret instructions and guidelines on hardware and software.
- Experience in modern software development practices
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Database Schema Versioning
- Performance/Load Testing
- Continuous Integration / Deployment (CI/CD)
- Agile Development
- Extreme Programming (XP) practices.
- Familiarity with REST API development
- Endpoint planning / implementation
- Spec generation / verification
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications.
- Proficiency developing SQL queries and Microsoft Visual Studio/Basic programs or C#.
- Willing to travel 0 – 25%
- A+ and Microsoft MSCA/MSCE certifications.
- May provide consultation on complex business projects and is considered to be a top contributor/ specialist.
- Must employ experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of problem-solving creativity and latitude.
- Must be able to work with team members and independently.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks.
- Serve as scrum team member and contribute to development of application software.
- Interacts with end-users to design new application functionality and troubleshoot existing systems.
- Participate in daily standup, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Perform peer reviews on submitted pull requests for code commits.
- Develop automated tests, (unit tests, integration tests, etc.) for existing and newly developed code.
- Refactor code to meet established standards for clean and maintainable solutions.
- Responsible for writing documentation to describe product corrections and operational procedures.
- Write manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Provides user training to assist users with applications.
- Remain highly adaptable.
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolve issues or complete projects as needed.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Founded in 1929, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard for excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that’s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well-managed company.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
Elizabethtown (E’town) is a small, progressive, and safe community located in the heart of Kentucky. E’town is centrally located within 400 miles of 12 major US cities and sits at the crossroads of Interstate 65, Bluegrass Parkway and Western Kentucky Parkway. From the birthplace of Lincoln to the birthplace of bourbon, from the world’s largest cave system to famous Fort Knox, we have all the vibrant attributes of a much larger city, but remain a charming small town. Take a look for yourself…